When I first received my blackberry, I set it up as a work email, but realized this wasn't efficient (had to use redirector). I then set it up to pull my email messages directly from the POP server.

Now when I go to the folder listing to look for an email - I see all of the old email folders that were imported from my outlook to the device. I have no need for these on my device as there is nothing in them.

How do I delete them?
    01-12-09 12:47 PM
    Maybe i stumped the forum?
    01-13-09 12:51 PM
    I'm sort of in the same boat. I tried the redirector, and it worked however I wanted calendar & stuff too, so I tried out the "free" BES Pro offered by RIM (I'm the IT admin). During the course if trying to figure out why it didnt work, I found out that you have to change your plan with your wireless provider, so I changed my mind. This caused all sorts if interesting problems with my device, but eventually I got it sorted out, except I've got 216 folders now. I don't normally see them except if I do "view folder" but I want to ditch them.

I think my wife has a similar problem. She used BIS to add her work OWA account, then changed her mind a week later and deleted it. Now her device says she has 95 unread messages, apparently because "deleteing" and email account just hides the folder and doesnt delete anything.

I *think* I've fixed mine by going into the advanced options of backup/restore, then clicked the "folder" entry and hit clear. I'm not sure if that would wipe any existing messages though.
    01-13-09 02:07 PM
    Looks like it worked. Thanks.
    Last edited by msnider73; 01-14-09 at 10:18 AM.
    01-13-09 05:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD