I thought that at first, but my Bold doesn't display anything there (not even a gif banner.) Also, as recently as 11/8, the main Voda site featured a Flash banner that looked exactly like the banner in the video.
    11-15-08 09:45 PM
    Oh, ok. I just happened to see this post and read all the replies. Just thought I would throw in my 2 cents worth. I would love to purchase a Storm, but I needed a new phone, so I opted for the Curve 8330 with a two year contract back in September.My first BB and I like it.
    11-15-08 09:57 PM
    Many sites replace flash animations with a JPG, PNG, or animated GIF image when they detect you dont have flash... thats all you see...
    11-16-08 12:18 AM
    Many sites replace flash animations with a JPG, PNG, or animated GIF image when they detect you dont have flash... thats all you see...
    Makes sense, but why isn't it working on the Bold's browser or on Opera Mini?
    11-16-08 12:20 AM
    Its an accessibility feature of flash that many people are turning to with mobile phones in mind. Think "mobile style sheet" Vodaphone would obviously be expected to be at the front of the mobile optimized websites world.

It requires more work though.... so dont expect all flash to be going that way soon since it defeats the security that Flash provides when showing a .gif
    11-16-08 12:55 AM
    I was excited for a minute but I decided to look into it more. Although it is a flash banner on their site that's not the case. If you have firefox turn of java and javascript and revisit the google cached site. You will then be confronted with a banner that kind of looks the same as the flash with lower quality. Right click on it and go to properties and you will see that it is just a gif image. Why the other phone don't display it I'm not sure. I believe they are able to show gif images.
    11-16-08 06:40 PM
    so does this mean it cant play youtube videos and only the ones on the mobile site??
    11-16-08 07:32 PM
    Youtube automatically switches you to their mobile version.
    11-16-08 07:54 PM
    Youtube automatically switches you to their mobile version.
    so on the storm you can only watch mobile?
    11-16-08 07:59 PM
    Not sure what you are trying to get it but that's how it works on any current BlackBerry. You get redirected to the mobile version which streams 3gp videos via RTSP.
    11-16-08 08:07 PM
    For you information THEE HOLY MIGHTY STORM supports full flash.

5 things you need to know about the BlackBerry Storm
    11-16-08 08:26 PM
    ^^^ OMG

That just made me switch to verizon.
    11-16-08 08:44 PM
    i have one question and this is for anyone who has ever used zshare, rapidshare or megaupload and sites of this nature. For the ones that are familar when you try and download a file from either of these upload sites they contain timers before you can start the download. Are the timers created with flash support and if not will i be able to download from these places on the storms browser?
    11-16-08 09:10 PM
    Common' people! Its painfully obvious that the Backberry Storm does NOT have flash support.

#1 There is an obviously different banner in the youtube video than what shows up on the vodafone cached site

#2 CNET hands on review says there is no Flash support.
    There's a full HTML Web browser (no Flash)
    (Link provided below)

#3 There is a GIF image which matches the video, and is displayed if you view the cache of the website without javascript enabled. (Link provided below)

#4 BlackBerry denies any Flash support. (And yes, the Storm existed at this date - it was boxed for Verizon only 5 days after this post) (Link provided below)

#5 All the other forum posts/sites that say this exact same thing
    I will say again - Common' people! Its painfully obvious that the Backberry Storm does NOT have flash support. (2 Links provided below)

To view all the links quoted, see pastebin.com/f118731d0
    11-17-08 10:55 AM
    Any update on being able to play Flash content in the storm browser?
    04-07-09 05:13 PM
    Any update on being able to play Flash content in the storm browser?
    Update: BlackBerry phones still do not support Flash, and will not likely support Flash anytime soon. Flash support is in the works for iPhone and Android platforms, but still TBD on availability.
    04-07-09 06:18 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD