I don't know if anyone has posted about this already i'll just type it anyways.

I know i read threads about when the vibrate profile was selected for the storm the custom ringers were still ringing...i had that problem too and was pretty fed up with it when my phone would go off in quiet places...so i went to verizon and asked them about it. the guy that helped me as stumped at first and after about 15 mins he figured it out...so this is wat you do...

step one:
    Select sounds on your storm

Step two:
    go to set ring tones/alerts

Step three:
    Select phone

Step four:
    turn volume to silent
    LED to ON
    Vibration to Off

i don't know why it has to be like that if the vibration is off how will it vibrate and when volume is silent how will it ring...BUT it works and i don't have ananswer lol...But that is what my phone is set to and works so all of my custom ringers now vibrate when the Vibrate rofile is selected so hopefully this will help you guys out...
    12-12-08 09:01 PM
    I just did a custom profile named..vibrate

select phone
    volume to silent
    LED to ON
    Vibration to On

worked for me...
    12-13-08 10:21 AM

I know i read threads about when the vibrate profile was selected for the storm the custom ringers were still ringing...i had that problem too and was pretty fed up with it when my phone would go off in quiet places...so i went to verizon and asked them about it. the guy that helped me as stumped at first and after about 15 mins he figured it out...so this is wat you do...

step one:

Step two:

Step three:
    Select phone

Step four:
    turn volume to silent
    LED to ON
    Vibration to Off

i don't know why it has to be like that if the vibration is off how will it vibrate and when volume is silent how will it ring...BUT it works and i don't have ananswer lol...But that is what my phone is set to and works so all of my custom ringers now vibrate when the Vibrate rofile is selected so hopefully this will help you guys out...
    This is why I don't use custom rings
    12-13-08 10:24 AM

step one:

Step two:

Step three:
    Select phone

Step four:
    turn volume to silent
    LED to ON
    Vibration to Off

that only works on "vibrate" if you go back to normal the call is silent. Making a custon vibrate profile is easy, and works flawlessly
    12-13-08 11:00 AM
    Im having trouble with sounds and alerts on my storm. my email is alerting me with audio even though I have it set to silent. also when I get a call it only sometimes makes sounds and my texts are doing the same thing...please does anyone have any idea what I should do?...this is really anoying.
    12-13-08 02:38 PM
    I don't know if this is part of the same problem...
    Anyhow, my Storm switches itself to vibrate only mode quite often. It turns out that even though the phone is locked, the Mute button can be depressed for a couple of seconds and it switches to vibrate. This has lost me many calls, as it gets "pinched" in the holster, holding down the mute button, which switches the phone to vibrate only. As far as I can tell, though its supposed to be in vibrate mode, I get only silence, I mean no vibrate or ring when it switches itself that way.
    Hope RIM makes LOCK really mean what it says!
    12-15-08 07:38 PM
    don't mean to hijack the thread, but vibandring for the storm is great and fully functional! must have for anyone -- how does blackberry not allow the phone to vibrate and ring at the same time?
    12-15-08 07:43 PM
    Thanks for the tip, the custom vibrate works for me too.
    12-15-08 09:32 PM
    just what i wanted too. it now vibrates and still i have the noises when i get e-mails or what not. perfect
    12-17-08 01:47 PM
    Or when you apply the custom/contact ringtone, set volume and vibration to use the settings of the active profile...
    12-17-08 01:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD