So here is the deal. I work at one of the warehouses that ship the Storm and there is all kinds of closed door goings on with this thing. We have had several "teams" from corporate come in with trucks of equipment and apparently do something to the actual phones. People I work with say they are removing them from the package for some reason. It is all super hush hush. I don't know if there is some sort of cover up going on or if they are trying to fix a problem with it and not have the public in on it. If I can come up with any specifics over the next few days I will try to pass them on. I know there is all sorts of issues with these phones but in my time at the warehouse I havent seen anything like this.
    12-03-08 09:58 PM
    I smell a fish in your post.
    12-03-08 10:17 PM
    So here is the deal. I work at one of the warehouses that ship the Storm and there is all kinds of closed door goings on with this thing. We have had several "teams" from corporate come in with trucks of equipment and apparently do something to the actual phones. People I work with say they are removing them from the package for some reason. It is all super hush hush. I don't know if there is some sort of cover up going on or if they are trying to fix a problem with it and not have the public in on it. If I can come up with any specifics over the next few days I will try to pass them on. I know there is all sorts of issues with these phones but in my time at the warehouse I havent seen anything like this.
    This coming from someone with one post.
    12-03-08 10:20 PM
    I can't believe I just wasted 1 minute and 20 seconds on this thread
    12-03-08 10:20 PM
    I can't believe I just wasted 1 minute and 20 seconds on this thread
    slow reader
    12-03-08 10:26 PM
    Not that I can say I believe him or not, but just because he has never said anything before does not mean he can't have real info now. He didn't come in here and just say the storm sucks (like a lot of one time posts) just to get a reaction. He only said that some corporate guys may be fixing problems before the products go out.
    12-03-08 10:32 PM
    since he didn't claim to know exactly what was going on or have any inside knowledge of OS revisions . . . his post came across to me as trustworthy.

It may fit with what we suspect anyway. If they had an upgrade ready - they would have to flash all those phones right??
    12-03-08 10:34 PM
    You won't hear anything from RIM, Verizon, Crucial_Xtreme or any other insider on why so many phones passed QA without being able to press certain areas; RIM and Verizon are keeping a tight lid on leaks because of expected law suits. You can't tell QA to assure the quality of "any phone that makes a click" despite half the keys not working and not expect consequences.

It sure won't help that RIM's internal memos state that the device must be out by December to capitalize on the holiday season--hardware ready or not.
    12-03-08 10:47 PM
    But why wouldn't Verizon involve the warehouse employees in the upgrade? It's not that hard to upgrade the OS without doing a JL wipe. One would think that it's more time efficient to have more hands working on the project.

I just wish VZW would release the updates as they are finished. Different people use their BB for different things. 100,000 people would find more problems sooner than 100.

Just a thought.

And since when did the number of posts verify someone's credibility? The OP could be a "CrackBerry Genius" and created a new ID to avoid being fired.
    Last edited by jokerls240; 12-03-08 at 10:52 PM.
    12-03-08 10:49 PM
    They could be replacing faulty hardware... hmmm...
    12-03-08 10:55 PM
    Definitely sounds Fishy
    Last edited by PeteyPete; 12-03-08 at 11:05 PM.
    12-03-08 10:59 PM
    could be some excess glue somewhere for all we know
    12-03-08 11:02 PM
    i think you guys are just looking way to much into this if its even true
    12-03-08 11:03 PM
    hey seldomseensmith,

you suck. thanks for wasting all of our time.

-shoop
    12-03-08 11:05 PM
    its possible there are a whole bunch of things going on, but we will never know about it.
    12-03-08 11:06 PM
    Some new guy just posted this thought it was interesting so I will share it with all of you.

Oh wait that is this thread. Never mind.
    12-03-08 11:15 PM
    OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!

That's a rifle barrel! Right there! Right there on that grassy knoll!!!!!

12-03-08 11:17 PM
    Sounds like Microsoft with my xbox 360, wtf is up with faulty hardware hitting the market anymore, does ANYONE do quality testing in this day and age?!
    12-03-08 11:22 PM
    It's fun to think about black helicopters and guys talking to their shirt collars, but don't get stirred up for nothing.

1 - It is perfectly normal for QA types to check out units in a warehouse. I hope they're occasionally checking things so they can discover and quickly resolve problems, or to ensure that production fixes made their way to the units currently being delivered.

2 - There are no closed doors inside a warehouse. If somebody is doing testing on warehouse stock, everybody walking by can see it.

3 - There are no clandestine meetings with warehouse personnel because the warehouse personnel are not Verizon employees.

4 - And most importantly, anything being done is random testing, because deliveries from RIM are going out on the orders you are waiting for as fast as they are being delivered to the warehouses. There is no time to make changes to warehouse inventory. Any changes would need to be made to factory production.
    12-03-08 11:24 PM
    People. Whether there is truth or not to this post... there is definitely a LOT of money at stake.
    Note the Mac vs PC commercials.

Viral marketing is the new fad and misinformation is the new sword... so tis best to remain a skeptic these days.

I mean really, isn't this drama is getting a bit out of control?
    Last edited by skelzer; 12-03-08 at 11:37 PM.
    12-03-08 11:26 PM
    You know, I didn't want to say anything, because I figured it might just be our warehouse. But seeing another warehouse employee post regarding some rather suspicious behavior with the corporate employees, has brought the whole situation into new light. Over the past week, I personally have been tasked with ensuring that the Storm's are readily accessible after hours specifically for the reasons the OP mentioned. At first I thought it was because our site was sending out bad units. I will also have to pry a little deeper to find out what is going on.
    12-03-08 11:34 PM
    I think its even funnier that some people on this forum are so naive to think that Verizon, with a annual revenue of over $50 billion, wouldn't have the resources or incentive to cover up doing whatever the **** they're doing to one of their flagship devices because its been getting god awful reviews for the past 3 weeks.
    12-03-08 11:42 PM
    i gotta say, i wouldnt be surprised if a few months down the road we find out that RIM and VZW knew they released a botched product and that they were secretly trying to fix things without the publics knowledge.
    12-03-08 11:58 PM
    i gotta say, i wouldnt be surprised if a few months down the road we find out that RIM and VZW knew they released a botched product and that they were secretly trying to fix things without the publics knowledge.
    I see RIM having the balls to admit that, but we'll be damned if Verizon admits anything was wrong. It would have to leak from a VZW employee before it comes from that jackass's mouth.
    12-04-08 12:02 AM
    hey seldomseensmith,

you suck. thanks for wasting all of our time.

-shoop
    I understand why people would be skeptical of a new guy post like this but why do I suck. I honestly just wanted to share the BS activities going on where I work. Any chance I can get to put it to these people I will. I wish I had more details cause I would share them. I see the commercials for this phone and they make it look like the greatest thing but it is serious panick around here. I think they messed up big time and are trying to save face. But like I said, if I can come up with any more info I will post
    12-04-08 12:02 AM
87 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD