Its not everyone but you got lots of newbs, really young newbs that don't know what they're talking about and start alot of stupid threads, wasting our time. When i first came on here i certainly did not act like they are. Who else agrees?
    03-25-09 10:35 PM
    Lol.
    But I like those stupid threads. They're funny.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 10:37 PM
    I was on here without a username for a couple of months before the Storm came out and didn't register until I got one, but I have seen a steady increase of worthless posts and people starting **** with other people and I would certainly hope it wasn't like this before the Storm came out. Like I said, I wasn't here long before the Storm, but I agree.
    03-25-09 10:39 PM
    Oh God, get over yourself. It's just a forum, no one forces you to read their post noobs or otherwise.
    03-25-09 10:41 PM
    Yes, I think your assumption is correct, but the BB nation is changing so we need to learn to live with it. Immaturity tends to be cured by good example, not by more flaming.

Maybe we can use this as an opportunity to do some teaching and mentoring through example.

By the way, has anyone else noticed that there seems to be less flamming and more helping the this week. I have noticed a tendency for the mature crowd to ignor the flamming crowd, and continue with helping those seeking assistance. While at the same time, encouraging them do searches.
    03-25-09 10:46 PM
    That right there is what we n00bs call a Troll...

Welcome to the Internet with your "phone" forum, you were probably a drip on the sheets when I signed on to my first BBS...
    03-25-09 10:50 PM
    Matrix2004 your wack. This thread is pointless. Its just a forum for a phone. LoL. Go out and try to talk to a female. Your not a mod. Sh*tz Weak!

Dude you sound like one of the guys i'm talking about. Bring it man.....i aint seen nothing yet.

I had to use 'aint' so you could understand what i'm saying.
    03-25-09 10:50 PM
    This should be moved to the rants forum. Matrix2004 was a good poster when the Storm was first being released, so do not call him a troll, please.
    03-25-09 10:52 PM
    This should be moved to the rants forum. Matrix2004 was a good poster when the Storm was first being released, so do not call him a troll, please.
    Thanks Stan, how's it going buddy?
    03-25-09 10:53 PM
    This is actually my first BlackBerry I've ever owned. I have not asked one newb question (go check all my started threads)

I have spent more time on here and other parts of the web just reading. Reading all I could because I wantedto know what my phone could do. I think most that ask these monotonous questions really aren't that tech savvy and want a BB to be "cool". They expect to know everything right out of the box and instead of learning what it can do by simply spending an hour surfing just crackberry even, they ask.
    03-25-09 10:55 PM
    OP: I think you're talking about threads.. like these?
    Yeah, I thought so.
    Those really "pointless" threads, that people complain about.
    So another person makes a new thread, complaining about the previous poster.. etc etc

Congratulations, you're that person.
    03-25-09 10:56 PM
    Bro? How can I be a troll. Bring what? This is just a website I use to get info on my storm. It doesn't affect my life the least bit. Not where I have to post a thread about Noobs reposting. Yeah. Later on virg nerd.

Dude, stop trolling. There is no need to talk like that. Mod-Alerted...
    03-25-09 10:56 PM
    Yeah, I thought so.
    So another person makes a new thread, complaining about the previous poster.. etc etc

Thank you. For the record I agree people should learn to use the search function a bit more. But threads like this one are worse. Good job buddy.

03-25-09 11:00 PM
    Well we had to pee somewhere.
    03-25-09 11:00 PM
    Yeah, I thought so.

03-25-09 11:01 PM
    It's just a matter of people who don't take a few minutes to search themselves. The idea of a forum is to gather/pass on information to people, but some just drop in to ask their question and that's it. People will get annoyed when they see the question "Where did my browser icon go" for the 4th time in a day. The ones that do flame are usually ones that help and want to continue helping, but grow tired of sitting here answering the same question over and over. Then others complain the search is to hard. You ever wonder why? It's the 100 extra threads asking the same question giving ridiculous results.

If people just read the sticky threads and did a search and quit asking everybody to find their answers for them it would be a lot easier. Make a sticky thread with all common FAQ's. I know there is alread an entire section for it, but I bet it would help.

Same problem happened at xda a few months ago, go take a look at how well it works out now.
    03-25-09 11:03 PM
    I think it's hard to blame the Storm.... I tend to blame devices like the pearl and the curve, you wouldn't believe how many youngsters (pre-teen and up) I see with these devices. Why a kid needs a Blackberry, i'll never know (and why a kid's parents would pay for the required data plan for them i'll never know)... The Storm just tends to attract the kiddies that are pissed off because it isn't an iPhone and mommy and daddy won't switch to AT&T.
    03-25-09 11:05 PM
    I agree with moviemogul. There has been a huge increase in the noob questions and well over all quality in at least the Storm category. I think alot of times people do treat the ones with less knowledge pretty brutally. We can say that these noobies should research and try to find their answer in a previous thread or somewhere else but the chances are they probably won't. Making them feel bad won't do anything either. we as users just have to accept it and deal with it. if we pass on all of our knowledge then we will get the real forum feel. yes, a lot of these questions that we are talking about drive me nuts but we got to deal with em.
    03-25-09 11:06 PM
    This thread basically has proven all the facts addressed...no more nastiness or it's gone.
    03-25-09 11:07 PM
    It's just a matter of people who don't take a few minutes to search themselves. The idea of a forum is to gather/pass on information to people, but some just drop in to ask their question and that's it. People will get annoyed when they see the question "Where did my browser icon go" for the 4th time in a day. The ones that do flame are usually ones that help and want to continue helping, but grow tired of sitting here answering the same question over and over. Then others complain the search is to hard. You ever wonder why? It's the 100 extra threads asking the same question giving ridiculous results.

If people just read the sticky threads and did a search and quit asking everybody to find their answers for them it would be a lot easier. Make a sticky thread with all common FAQ's. I know there is alread an entire section for it, but I bet it would help.

Same problem happened at xda a few months ago, go take a look at how well it works out now.
    Then don't answer the question. And If were tired of a bunch of useless or repetitive threads how do threads like this one help.

03-25-09 11:07 PM
    People just need to let us newbies know to use the SEARCH button
    03-25-09 11:09 PM
    It's pretty much true. Look at other device threads, They are generally cleaner, people take the time to search before posting and fewer users have an entitlement complex just because they own a phone and pay for it, etc etc.

Of course nothing can really be done to stop it without moderators cracking down heavily, which is a waste of their time.

Eventually the number of new users coming on-board will slow down and we'll see fewer posts from people whining and asking questions that have been answered 12 times a day. Will it ever stop? highly highly doubtful.
    03-25-09 11:10 PM
    Dude, stop trolling. There is no need to talk like that. Mod-Alerted...
    Relax. What did I say that was so bad? As good and useful this website is some people take it too serious.

03-25-09 11:11 PM
    Thanks Stan, how's it going buddy?
    Things have been good, but I am looking forward to jumping ship for the Niagara in May...leaving this Storm forum
    03-25-09 11:11 PM
    I have a suggestion for Kevin Michaulak. Can you find a way, some software that will screen the wording of new posts and compare it in real time to previous posts so as to prevent the same thread topic? Then if it did find the same topic already posted, it would direct you to a link for that thread. How does that sound?
    03-25-09 11:12 PM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD