ebay.com

thats where your phone went

do you think, that the manager is giving a STORM to you for an upgrade situation.....

when they have the ability to make hundreds of dollars here

they are BIN for $899

hmmmmmmmm

hope they gave you free coffee at least!
    11-21-08 08:29 AM
    No offense, but you sound like a little kid... So, if by the days end you are not holding your own storm you are jumping ship? That sounds ridiculous to me! Especially since the OS isnt even that stable. You just want what you want when you want it.

Again, no offense. I just find it amusing how upset people get over the littlest things.
    I think it's entirely reasonable to expect a store to have the device on launch day, to not play favorites. and as far as the OS, have it WORK.
    11-21-08 08:32 AM
    Local VZW store told me LAST NIGHT that they were opening at 7am (this is in NYC). I got there around 6:30am, was about 20th on line. An HOUR goes by, and they tell us, no, we're not opening till 8am. Fine. First they go thru line and see if anyone wants overnight shipping on VZW. **** no, I waited in the cold, I want my phone. They go thru line, take our info, name, number and whether it's upgrade or new acct. Nearly everyone was an upgrade. When I finally got inside, I was told only those who were new accts would be walking out with the phone. NO F***ING WAY! Why did I wait online in the cold for 2hrs?! VZW really messed this one up. Way to alienate the existing customer base. I already called customer support and complained. Many many people are very pissed off at VZW this morning
    11-21-08 08:37 AM
    That is why BB should have taken more control of how this rollout was going to be handled and not have left this up to VZW. When Apple rolled out the iPhone, they had control of the situation and told AT&T how it was going to be done. That way you don't end up with the mess that's happening now with VZW totally screwing up the Storm roll out.

IMHO the rollout should have been delayed a week or so until they got the OS right.
    Isn't this practically the same thing that happened with the Bold? RIM left it up to AT&T who botched the release repeatedly for months. Now they leave the opening to Verizon who also botched it. I love RIM phones, but they seem to be dropping the ball lately on their marketing strategies. I hate to say it but they could almost take a leaf out of Apple's book and take full control of the customer-carrier situation.
    11-21-08 08:47 AM
    Lol, how bout 3 reps were rocking the storm on their sides.......
    11-21-08 08:49 AM
    Wow! sounds to me like VZW is using the same AT&T/Bold tactics of selling on the first day to only new customers. Did you try another store? My friend went to 3 diff stores before the last one finally let him upgrade to the bold.
    no i should have tried a different store but i just ordered it for delivery next wed. i was so pissed. they would not let me upgrade for the phone today for anything. it was unbelievable.
    11-21-08 01:56 PM
    I think you got ripped off by employees! If you go back in tomorrow look and see if the sales reps are rockin the storm... if so, you know where your storm went...
    exactly my point..... employees probably kept them for themselves at your location....
    11-21-08 02:09 PM
    We were told that they were not selling any phones today at full-retail. New customers or eligible upgrade customers only.

Fortunately, I'm one month past my NE2.

Everyone in line at our store had called and knew all the info.

The woman came out before the store opened and was like "You all have your name on the list already, right?". We jumped down her throat!!

"There's no list! It's first-come first-serve...that's why we're all standing out here in the cold!"
    11-21-08 02:20 PM
    Makes me glad that we didn't go to that Plano store, which is the one closest to our apartment! We were there earlier this week just to get things switched out, and they seemed so nice and on top of things then. Unfortunate. I'm sure the employees were taking them all. They shouldn't have been allowed to get them right off the bat. It's like all those video game consoles that employees were taking and selling off before people could buy them, causing shortages. Prepostorous!
    11-21-08 02:34 PM
    I have never had so many fumbles on a cell phone or any type of electronics purchase until dealing with Verizon.. unbelievable.
    You need to go up the food chain. Tell the Verizon sore manager that you want the name and e-mail address for the district sales manager. Tell them (politely and professionally) how you were treated and how it reflects on the company.

Since you didn't list who is your carrier, would this have been a new contract with Verizon? If so, it's even more important that you contact "up the food chain" to get any results. The lower level managers have heard your story 500 times today and they are just going to say "Too bad, so sad" but if you can leverage this event into bigger discounts on the purchase of the phone or even free services for a few months then you would come out ahead.

Make the call.

HH
    11-21-08 02:38 PM
    So the store manager called me personally yesterday to tell me that it was first come first serve and they would be receiving 11 Storms..

I am there 2 hours early.. and I didn't even get one and I was first in line. The rep that helped me said they only had 2... so the first 2 people should have gotten them..

They come back out and say they are gone already and I demand to talk to the manager who I spoke to yesterday. She then tells me that they didn't get what they were suppose to get and the 2 available today were claimed already by people on a list.. and the other 9 were also claimed by people on a list..

I was also told on Tuesday/Thursday and last night by the manager that there was NO list.

I have never had so many fumbles on a cell phone or any type of electronics purchase until dealing with Verizon.. unbelievable.
    I work at a mall and there is a Verizon store right next to me and told that manager about the situation that happened at other stores. He said that he got something from corp that they weren't suppose to have a waiting list. He came across as being worried for the that managers job. I'm sure if you went higher you probably could get something done about it. Maybe not a new Storm but his *** in a slingshot. Good Luck
    11-21-08 02:52 PM
    I think you got ripped off by employees! If you go back in tomorrow look and see if the sales reps are rockin the storm... if so, you know where your storm went...
    not even possible...we have to order all of our equip through a special employee accounts customer service. i ordered mine online this morning at 6:30a, only to get to work to find out they aren't shipping us phones until ALL customer demands have been met, so even if you have to wait a week [which i doubt] at least its not a month or so!

maybe they added "new" customers to a list and reserved them? though we were all told no holding in advance, first come first serve.

anyhoo...what a lousy day...

11-21-08 03:05 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD