I gave my Dad a Storm just last week, and he's getting to know it well already. One of the questions, though, has me stumped.

He's coming from a Palm Treo 700 and he uses Speakerphone to hold the convo, while going thru his Calendar, to set up a "first available time" appointment for clients.

We cannot figure out how to go through the Calendar FAST enough. He needs it set to DAY VIEW and needs to be able to flick or swipe or click and HOLD to page through the days.

View AGENDA is somewhat a viable workaround, but paging through the days still doesn't go fast enough while holding a voice convo. Apparently on the Treo, he could just hold a button down and it would auto-scroll.

Does anyone know how we can get this to work any faster than the DEAD SLOW paging that's default? He's on .151 running the default theme.

TIA for any tips or help with this.
    08-05-09 08:59 PM
    i dont quite understand what you are asking but you can set default view to "day" and then just flick through each day....its pretty fast so i am not sure what else you expect.

Or set it to week and then you can see a full week easily and scroll fast too
    08-05-09 09:10 PM
    I have the same gripe about the calendar. Among many other issues. Im still surprised how basic this built in calendar on this blackberry is. I had assumed it would be a great app, since its a blackberry, known for its business users.

Ive used much better 3rd party calendar apps on previous phones (datebk5 ....etc). But nothing Ive tried for the Storm works very well.

Each OS upgrade I hope for improvements to this lousy calendar app, but nothing seems to change. I love the Storm, but this is the most disappointing thing on the phone....... and I use the calendar constantly! My next phone wont be Blackberry unless the PIM apps are improved.
    08-05-09 09:22 PM
    Thanks so far.

I guess what he really needs is a "show next available free space" application that can be set to a certain time amount. Like, 30 mins, or 60 mins, or whatever he needs.

I wonder if Agendus would do the trick? I have it on mine, but don't need the same functionality that he does, so haven't really tried that. Plus I don't want him to have to PAY for something that should be easily doable "out of the box".
    08-05-09 09:31 PM
    Agendas is amazing. Or u can switch "show free time in agenda" to off in the options

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-05-09 09:53 PM
    I do this a lot. What do is I have my calendar screen default to week view. So any time I need to see a date fast I just scroll left or right to the day and it shows all of my appointments for that day and free time.

You cam use any third party app of this does not work for your dad but I think you might like it. Give it a try and report back if it works or not.

08-05-09 10:11 PM
    Would monthly view work. Maybe you can start with that and it shows an indicator on dates that have appts. You can see the whole month at a glance. Just a thought
    08-05-09 10:18 PM
    One more thing I forgot. When in week view you can highlight a day and(at the bottom of the screen there are arrows)if you press the arrow it. Will jump a week ahead or back. This way it makes it faster looking for a day that you want to look at.

08-05-09 10:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD