Ive had my blackberry for about 2 months.. I want to save some of my messages(text) how do i save them? i know i hit save message but isnt there a way i can lock them so that noone can read them? and what does file my messages me? and how do i recover them or even look at them again.. i have the storm but im not sure what verison. HELP!
    05-28-09 06:03 AM
    ???? anyone
    05-28-09 06:10 AM
    yes you are able to save them, but you are not able to lock them unless you put a lock on your phone in general, but you can not lock specific apps unfortunately.

to view them again, while in your messages folder press the menu button then view saved messages.

hope this helps!

and for the future, people will answer the questions, no worries, remember it is still the early hours of the morning, and more then half the country is still sleeping
    05-28-09 06:44 AM
    2 check version: Options > about > u r likely on v4.7.0.75.

[email protected] may be what u want 2 lock app(s).

Idk re FILED messages. I also can't find how 2.
    05-28-09 08:18 AM
    If you "save" a message by clicking the bb button, you can have that message saved in the messages folder. That folder, in turn, can be hidden. This isn't as safe as actually locking the app, but it would take someone to select show all before they come across any of those saved messages.

Otherwise, as transfigured pointed out, safebox is an app to look in to. I've read up on file lock but never used that app myself.
    05-28-09 08:35 AM
    Ive had my blackberry for about 2 months.. I want to save some of my messages(text) how do i save them? i know i hit save message but isnt there a way i can lock them so that noone can read them? and what does file my messages me? and how do i recover them or even look at them again.. i have the storm but im not sure what verison. HELP!
    If you read the manual that came with your phone (it will be a PDF file on one of the CDs that came with the phone), there are instructions in there on how to set up different folders for your email so you can file/organize them on your phone (just like you would do with the email on your PC).

If you would rather not file email messages on your phone, you can also have a copy of the blackberry.net emails you receive on the phone automatically forwarded to another email address. I have my blackberry.net emails automatically forwarded to my Yahoo mail account so I can just file them and store them on my PC instead.

To do this, go to your Setup icon on the phone, and go into Email Settings (where you originally set up your email addresses on the phone). Click on the blackberry.net email, then scroll all the way down to the bottom of the settings menu that comes up. There you will see the options for automatically forwarding this address to another address.
    05-28-09 08:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD