Anyone know how to get rid of the "field full" message if you type a text longer than one message? My Curve used to split it into multiple messages automatically so I can't understand why that wouldn't be possible with the Storm!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-08 09:38 PM
    You can't - that is controlled by the software and Verizon

11-30-08 09:49 PM
    MMS or email. I'm guessing your previous Curve was not on Verizon, because this is a carrier issue.
    11-30-08 09:50 PM
    Yeah I had T-Mobile...that sucks, guess I have to deal with it, thanks!

11-30-08 09:58 PM
    The only way to send an sms with more that 160 characters is to send to another person on verizon
    11-30-08 10:05 PM
    The only way to send an sms with more that 160 characters is to send to another person on verizon
    My boyfriend has verizon and we send many many texts a day... and on the storm I STILL cant send a message over 160 characters even with him being on the Verizon network (the only reason that I miss my EnV). To deal with this, when the field is full I just save the message, and then send them all at the same time. A pain, yes, but then they all get sent together instead of someone receiving an unfinished text.
    11-30-08 10:33 PM
    My boyfriend has verizon and we send many many texts a day... and on the storm I STILL cant send a message over 160 characters even with him being on the Verizon network (the only reason that I miss my EnV). To deal with this, when the field is full I just save the message, and then send them all at the same time. A pain, yes, but then they all get sent together instead of someone receiving an unfinished text.
    If your both on verizon try sending a mms

11-30-08 10:38 PM
    False - You can not send over 160 regardless...
    11-30-08 10:40 PM
    This is pretty disappointing. Even my Chocolate 2 can send threaded messages.
    11-30-08 11:02 PM
    I agree, you'd think Verizon would be advanced enough to break messages apart automatically...they'd probably charge you extra for that feature though ;-)

12-01-08 03:09 AM
    You are more inclined to get all of your message done in one and saves them data. Berry berry sneaky!

12-01-08 04:35 AM
    send an MMS instead. Type away with no limit.
    12-01-08 06:30 AM
    False - You can not send over 160 regardless...
    Yes, the 160-character limit is a "feature" of SMS (Short Message Service). Please read: Short message service - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    12-01-08 06:35 AM
    I want to clarify something.. it is not completely true that "verizon" causes the problem...

I have seen more then one phone ON verizon that could send multiple pages. As to why the storm can't I am not sure. Its not a limitation of the device though.

Multiple pages on these devices were sent as multiple text's
    12-01-08 06:54 AM
    I want to clarify something.. it is not completely true that "verizon" causes the problem...

I have seen more then one phone ON verizon that could send multiple pages. As to why the storm can't I am not sure. Its not a limitation of the device though.

Multiple pages on these devices were sent as multiple text's
    This is true, my Treo 700p would allow me to send texts over 160 characters and just send as two messages.
    12-01-08 07:01 AM
    Agreed. On my VZW EnV i could type and send more than 160.

i don't mind the limit on my VZW 8330 now though, as i have email capability.

12-01-08 07:19 AM
    send an MMS instead. Type away with no limit.
    The only thing I worry about with sending the MMS is that if some of my friends/family are on old texting plans, then they might get charged extra for having it go through as a picture/video message... some people don't have these free of charge (or included in their texting plan). So that is why I just save the texts until I have finished typing and send them all at one time.
    12-01-08 08:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD