Stopped my Best But in Skokie IL and a Verizon rep was there with a Storm. Very cool rep and let me use for as long as I wanted.

Sorry, I did not get what sw version it was. But rotation was not bad. Keyboard accuracy was a little off. But I did not calibrate it. Loaded enagdget.com and loads fast. Scrolling was decent. Zoom was also good and the text looks nice.

Overall, first impressions are decent. I asked about stock levels and the 21st. She said for my store, where I pre ordered, Elston av, BB, they will have stock to cover the pre orders on the 21st. She also said a ota update is coming on the day of the launch.

Just like any launch of a new device, software updates will contiune to make that device better and I belive that RIM and Verizon is committed to making the Storm a success.

I am looking forward to getting mine.
    11-16-08 02:04 PM
    I played with the storm at VZW in Northbrook. Rotation was about 1 sec--no complaint.

Crackberry took a long time to load. Even then, it first it was blurry, then it got sharper.

Keyboard accuracy was disappointing and raises some doubt about getting this phone. No autocorrect. I came home and typed on my itouch and did much better. Not to mention autocorrect.

What is "calibrating" the keyboard?
    11-16-08 03:59 PM
    Stopped my Best But in Skokie IL and a Verizon rep was there with a Storm. Very cool rep and let me use for as long as I wanted.

Sorry, I did not get what sw version it was. But rotation was not bad. Keyboard accuracy was a little off. But I did not calibrate it. Loaded enagdget.com and loads fast. Scrolling was decent. Zoom was also good and the text looks nice.

Overall, first impressions are decent. I asked about stock levels and the 21st. She said for my store, where I pre ordered, Elston av, BB, they will have stock to cover the pre orders on the 21st. She also said a ota update is coming on the day of the launch.

Just like any launch of a new device, software updates will contiune to make that device better and I belive that RIM and Verizon is committed to making the Storm a success.

I am looking forward to getting mine.
    Not accurate info.
    11-16-08 04:09 PM
    that doesnt' sound good lol

I played with the storm at VZW in Northbrook. Rotation was about 1 sec--no complaint.

Crackberry took a long time to load. Even then, it first it was blurry, then it got sharper.

Keyboard accuracy was disappointing and raises some doubt about getting this phone. No autocorrect. I came home and typed on my itouch and did much better. Not to mention autocorrect.

11-16-08 04:25 PM
    Not accurate info.
    Civic you think its going to be a while before they get some OS updates out after release?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-08 04:37 PM
    It's not that it'll be long... it just won't be OTA. You'll download it on your pc and update that way
    11-16-08 04:42 PM
    There is auto correction... what are you talking about? did you really play with the phone? Auto correction can be turned on/off in messages-options.
    Also, there are so many options for input, like context learning, auto word learning, predictive input and etc.

you

11-16-08 04:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD