I'm on my third or fourth storm. Same issue with screen becoming almost impossible to click. This time my screen is flickering slightly. Noticed it in direct sunlight at first. Thought it was autodim at first. Went inside and kept doing it. Multiple bAttery pulls And wiping device twice did nothing for me. Screen looks like the colors fade in waves. Explained this to vow cust service. They tell me to take it to a store And get it verified for replacement. Problem is the closest vow store is a lil more than an hour away. I don't want to drive there at all knowing they could do this over phone. I miss the physical keyboard that my moto q and curve had. And I see all these storm to tour threads. Why do they give me the run around when trying to accomplish this. I know I qualify for multifru prog. So why do they keep giving me this got store bs. Any suggestions to get cs to swap to a tour.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-09 11:06 AM
    Keep calling and complaining. The squeaky wheel really does get the grease.
    08-20-09 11:17 AM
    It took me 4 exchnages and numerous phone calls to CS to get a MuiltiFRU with my Alias back before the days of my BB. Like grey said:

Keep calling and complaining. The squeaky wheel really does get the grease.
    08-20-09 12:18 PM
    i have the screen flicker issue, but nothing with click problems like you describe.

just FYI, most/all blackberries have that autodim, and i think i remember my pearl and curve doing it as well. the point is be careful what you wish for. maybe go to the tour forum and see if they experience the flicker also? i know they have an entirely new set of problems for that device...
    08-20-09 02:06 PM
    Im on my fourth Storm as well.

Storm 1: After 7 months, the screen would recognize touch, but not open applications when clicking.

Storm 2: Refurbished. Awesome click and spring action on the screen. Brought it back after three days as i noticed the top edge of the screen was not flush with the case. it was raised above. the CSR even thought that wasnt right.

Storm 3: Thought was new, but was refurbished. Worked fine for a few weeks, then the upper right quadrant of the screen pivoted and had a double click to it, like the screen was seperating.

Now I am on Storm 4. Brand new, out of the box...of course after the tech was going to give me a refurb and I complained, he offered a refurb, a new Storm or a new Tour.
    When I opted for the new Storm, he added that my new every two date would change to that day..... I complained also that I am on my fourth Storm and still on warranty.... that i guess I had no choice than to take the new every two date.... because I certainly wasnt taking another refurb. He then advised he would keep my new every two date unchanged. I suspect he was testing me to see if I was just returning in order to get a new Tour.

I dont want or miss the phyical keyboard of my former curve or peral, nor do I want the Tour. I just want a phone that actually works.
    Last edited by Jazz_nh; 08-20-09 at 02:22 PM.
    08-20-09 02:15 PM
    I'm on number three myself. This one is holding up pretty damn good though, despite the slow OS.

08-20-09 04:16 PM
    Wow I read all these threads about how much the storm sucks and what number people are on. I got two storms when they were bogo. Both still work great and have had no hardware problems, just a slow crappy OS until I learned about leaks........ Anyway which country are these crappy storms coming from. I believe both of mine say Hungary.

08-20-09 04:24 PM
    Hmmm...Sounds like Buyers remorse to me.
    08-20-09 04:25 PM
    it sounds to me like a combination of selfishness, a sense of entitlement, and general uneducation on a product...and this hugely unrealistic expectation of said product...and when they're not happy, they blame everyone but themselves...

i have yet to find a user who's said "hey, i bought this phone, i didn't really know what i was getting into, i guess it's my bad for not doing the homework, but i'm gonna see if i can exchange for something more my speed"...if that happened i'd prolly have a stroke from excitement and an overwhelming sense of pride!
    08-20-09 04:28 PM
    it sounds to me like a combination of selfishness, a sense of entitlement, and general uneducation on a product...and this hugely unrealistic expectation of said product...and when they're not happy, they blame everyone but themselves...

i have yet to find a user who's said "hey, i bought this phone, i didn't really know what i was getting into, i guess it's my bad for not doing the homework, but i'm gonna see if i can exchange for something more my speed"...if that happened i'd prolly have a stroke from excitement and an overwhelming sense of pride!

you will never see them admit this. Its much easier to push the blame on to someone else for their own dumb decision. Most of the click issues people speak of could be fixed with the torx fix but why would they want to do that when there ultimate goal is to get a different phone in the first place.
    08-20-09 05:16 PM
    Hey, I bought this phone, I didn't really know what I was getting into. I did do my homework and it took some time & there was definately a learning curve. But now I would trade it for anything else on the market.
    08-20-09 05:23 PM
    Hey, I bought this phone, I didn't really know what I was getting into. I did do my homework and it took some time & there was definately a learning curve. But now I would trade it for anything else on the market.

would or would not?
    08-20-09 05:34 PM
    it sounds to me like a combination of selfishness, a sense of entitlement, and general uneducation on a product...and this hugely unrealistic expectation of said product...
    Or someone who does not accept mediocrity.
    08-20-09 05:48 PM
    Or someone who does not accept mediocrity.

RcTrollins = dillusional

nuff said
    08-20-09 05:56 PM
    it sounds to me like a combination of selfishness, a sense of entitlement, and general uneducation on a product...and this hugely unrealistic expectation of said product...

omg, this is RcTrollins to a T
    08-20-09 05:57 PM
    would or would not?
    Oops would not

08-20-09 06:03 PM
    storm #1 since December 08, perfect
    08-20-09 06:07 PM
    Im on my 5th storm and it really is perfect right now. The 4th I had was also really good and it was made in Hungary, unfortunatly it got stollen and I recieved a brand new storm through assurion and thank god it was also from Hungary. The bottom buttons are just one button now instead of 3. I have no intention to warrenty swap again or to multifru to the tour. I also own the tour for my employee line but I use my storm a lot more.
    08-20-09 06:21 PM
    I just got mine, here is yesterdays post

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/ve...e-tour-297483/
    08-20-09 06:27 PM
    Just keep complaining they eventually work with you. Good luck
    08-20-09 06:30 PM
    Just keep complaining they eventually work with you. Good luck

Yup, just keep complaining about things that could most likely be fixed or addressed by the user and sure enough they will give you a device that you can handle.
    08-20-09 06:34 PM
    The flicker happens on everyones with the right combination of light i think. that is not grounds for replacement.
    08-20-09 06:39 PM
    mine screen would hardly click around the edges, only near the middle thats the hook I worked on the last.
    08-20-09 07:10 PM
    mine screen would hardly click around the edges, only near the middle thats the hook I worked on the last.
    and im willing to bet you didnt even try the torx fix.
    08-20-09 08:41 PM
    i refuse to do torx or business card fix...software errors, i will flex and allow some 1337 haxxorz, but hardware issues, i use the hellz outta my warrantee!!!
    08-20-09 09:01 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD