I love everything about my phone except the screen. I've tried to Torx screw trick and that worked for a little while. Then I tried the felt pad thing behind the battery door and that worked for a little bit. Now it's back to being junk. And this is my second phone. I really don't want to have to trade in again, and I'm still within my thirty days and I'm really considering getting the curve.
    03-19-09 07:05 AM
    I don't know where your at but most Verizon's open at 9am. You don't need our approval to go do it, enjoy your Curve.
    03-19-09 07:12 AM
    Sorry to hear that! I used the screw method and it works perfect. Maybe loosen a tiny bit more?
    03-19-09 07:12 AM
    I really want to stick with the Storm but the screen problems don't ever seem to go away. Other than that I'm happy with it. I just would like to gather some opinions on whether, I should just get a replacement storm or just swap it out for the curve.
    03-19-09 07:18 AM
    you do know that Verizon has a ONE year warrenty on there phones right?

Keep taking it back until you get a good one. It took me 9 Storms to get one I liked
    03-19-09 07:19 AM
    Do what you want and makes you able to sleep st night. I personally have never encountered a screen problem.
    If you don't want try again then get a curve and don't worry about it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-09 07:21 AM
    I didn't know that! Doesn't that seem like a pain in the a** to trade it in nine times. I just want a functional dependable phone that I won't have to worry about hardware malfunctions.
    03-19-09 07:22 AM
    fwiw: i tested a Curve for 2-3 days last week... and well, it's old technologies and comparing it to the Storm would not be fair, i would stick with the Storm.. (which i did :}
    03-19-09 07:25 AM
    So basically the common consensus here to just keep trading in the phone until I get one that works properly? I just don't want to make the wrong decision then regret letting my storm go or keeping it.
    03-19-09 07:27 AM
    I didn't know that! Doesn't that seem like a pain in the a** to trade it in nine times. I just want a functional dependable phone that I won't have to worry about hardware malfunctions.

no its not a pain in the **** to do. first off, don't go to verizon, call *611 and talk to them over the phone. People in the store hardly ever want to admit there is a problem with the phone and do not want to give you a new one, so call them, 99% of the tim I called they sent me out a replacement.

its not hard to get a new phone becuase if you backup your phone, all you have to do is plug your phone in the computer and restore it, and in 1 minute your phone is back to how you like it. its no big deal.

take advantage of the one year warrenty
    03-19-09 07:27 AM
    Do you need any account information, etc. when calling? And when backing your phone up, does it install your settings, OS, and all features from your previous phone to your new one, or just certain features?
    03-19-09 07:30 AM
    Do you need any account information, etc. when calling? And when backing your phone up, does it install your settings, OS, and all features from your previous phone to your new one, or just certain features?
    all you tell them is your phone number and they know the rest of your information.

yes, when backing up your phone, it saves EVERYTHING in your phone, from text messages, e-mail, all settings, ect.. everything BUT 3rd party apps you have downloaded.

if you have any 3rd party apps, you have to save backthem up seperatly. By doing that visit the 3rd party apps fourm we have on here and theres a sticky at the top to show you how to do that.

other then that, its a peaice of cake
    03-19-09 07:34 AM
    Wow, thanks I never knew that. I learn something new everyday. How many days does it usually take for the new phone to arrive? And then what, you pack the old one up and ship it back? Do you usually reset and clear your phone before doing this? And finally once you get your new phone, its ready to go right out of the box? You just install your backed up files, and you're to go?! By the way thank you I appreciate all the help I can get.
    03-19-09 07:42 AM
    Wow, thanks I never knew that. I learn something new everyday. How many days does it usually take for the new phone to arrive? And then what, you pack the old one up and ship it back? Do you usually reset and clear your phone before doing this? And finally once you get your new phone, its ready to go right out of the box? You just install your backed up files, and you're to go?! By the way thank you I appreciate all the help I can get.

Verizon sends out the phone on Fed-Ex 2 day. So if you call today about your phone, you will get your new phone Saturday. You will need to save the box the phone comes with to send back your old phone. Inside the box is a pre-paid lable to ship back. All I do is call Fed-Ex and tell them to come to my house and pick the box up. The phone is ready to go once you get it. What I recommend doing though is doing a hard wipe on your new phone when you get it. The phone won't be brand new since its past your 30 days. You will get what Verizon calls a Certified Like New Phone.
    Once you get the new phone, put your batter in...go to Options..then go to Security Options... then go to General Settings.. then hit your backberry button and select "Wipe Handheld" It will take roughly 5 or 10 minutes to do so. What that does it wipes everything back to factory since you never know what the past owner has done with the phone. A lot of people don't do that, but I recomend doing this.
    Next, restore your phone through desktop manager. Once you did that, call *611 from the phone and you will hear a option to acivate your new phone. then after activating the new phone, dial *228 and hit option 1 to program your phone.
    After you did all this, you should be done and your phone should be ready to go!

I hope this helps you and goodluck with the Storm!
    03-19-09 09:00 AM
    If a trade in my storm (which has screen click problems) what are the chances I will get one without a screen click problem?

03-19-09 09:04 AM
    If a trade in my storm (which has screen click problems) what are the chances I will get one without a screen click problem?

for me anyway, out of 9 that I have had. only one did not click right that they sent me. I had other problems with the phones which is why I kept getting replacments, but the screen on all of them but one were perfact
    03-19-09 09:09 AM
    I had the curve(great phone) but I love my storm I did the card trick works just fine for me

03-19-09 09:54 AM
    Do what you want and makes you able to sleep st night. I personally have never encountered a screen problem.
    If you don't want try again then get a curve and don't worry about it.

i had to do a OS upgrade with my screen and it works like a gem now (unless memory is low...)...have you upgraded? .109 is awesome, and there's (supposedly) a new "official" upgrade due out monday from VZN/RIM.

maybe wait til monday???
    03-19-09 10:51 AM
    WTF? 9 times? I'm on my 12/17 original phone and have never had any problems with it.
    03-19-09 10:56 AM
    I'm looking into getting the Storm from letstalk.com because it is cheap. I am wondering: If I have hardware problems with my Storm, will I be able to get a new one through Verizon by calling the 611 number or will I have to mail it back to letstalk.com?
    03-19-09 11:08 AM
    for some reason my phone turns off and its been getting very laggy, I think it is factory malfunction but i unlocked it so att doesnt know of sotrm and verizon says im not a customer so im fed up.
    03-19-09 11:48 AM
    Verizon sends out the phone on Fed-Ex 2 day. So if you call today about your phone, you will get your new phone Saturday. You will need to save the box the phone comes with to send back your old phone. Inside the box is a pre-paid lable to ship back. All I do is call Fed-Ex and tell them to come to my house and pick the box up. The phone is ready to go once you get it. What I recommend doing though is doing a hard wipe on your new phone when you get it. The phone won't be brand new since its past your 30 days. You will get what Verizon calls a Certified Like New Phone.
    Once you get the new phone, put your batter in...go to Options..then go to Security Options... then go to General Settings.. then hit your backberry button and select "Wipe Handheld" It will take roughly 5 or 10 minutes to do so. What that does it wipes everything back to factory since you never know what the past owner has done with the phone. A lot of people don't do that, but I recomend doing this.
    Next, restore your phone through desktop manager. Once you did that, call *611 from the phone and you will hear a option to acivate your new phone. then after activating the new phone, dial *228 and hit option 1 to program your phone.
    After you did all this, you should be done and your phone should be ready to go!

I hope this helps you and goodluck with the Storm!
    Saturday delivery is extra - more than likely will get it Monday.
    03-19-09 12:13 PM
    for some reason my phone turns off and its been getting very laggy, I think it is factory malfunction but i unlocked it so att doesnt know of sotrm and verizon says im not a customer so im fed up.
    That is the chance you take when you take a phone to another provider.
    03-19-09 12:15 PM
    I had the same problem when I had my storm. storm.

03-19-09 12:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD