I'm trying to do a device transfer from my tour back to my storm, it gets about 85% complete, then tells me there was a fatal error and it can't finish please retry.

The transfer worked fine from storm to tour, anyone have any ideas why it won't work from tour to storm? Storm is on .75, tour is on .40. Any ideas? Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-09 10:49 PM
    no idea if it affects the problem you are having, but before you do transfer the data back to the storm, you really ought to upgrade the OS on it. 4.7.0.75 is old, the latest official verizon version is 4.7.0.148, and I've been running the leaked 4.7.0.167 for a while now and it is really nice, overall performance is a lot better than .75. So before you go restore all that data, set the storm up with a better OS first. I don't know if it will solve the transfer problem, but one way or another, once you do get the data transferred, you'll be better off with the better OS processing that data.
    10-15-09 05:47 AM
    no idea if it affects the problem you are having, but before you do transfer the data back to the storm, you really ought to upgrade the OS on it. 4.7.0.75 is old, the latest official verizon version is 4.7.0.148, and I've been running the leaked 4.7.0.167 for a while now and it is really nice, overall performance is a lot better than .75. So before you go restore all that data, set the storm up with a better OS first. I don't know if it will solve the transfer problem, but one way or another, once you do get the data transferred, you'll be better off with the better OS processing that data.
    One of the things it will do is wipe the phone and install a better OS. I'd recommend giving it a shot too.
    10-15-09 06:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD