Up until last week when you dialled 191 and used the option 1 to find out how much of your monthly package you have left before you get charged, you received a text message that stated:

Text Sent:
    Minutes Used \ Left:
    Amount Billed:
    GPRS used:

But its changed now! They dont tell you how much GPRS (internet usage) you have used in the text anymore.

How can i get my GPRS (internet usage) balance in a text? or even at all???

I cant help feel that this is a way for Vodafone to make more money off its customers in a sneaky way, as when i was bordering on my 500mb-a-month limit, i stopped all browsing untill the next month. Now that i dont know what my balance is, i could easily go over.
    01-12-09 01:06 PM
    Hi,

If you dial 44555, Vodafone will text you your balance including data usage.

I wouldn't worry too much about the 500MB monthly limit. Vodafone will not charge you if you go over 500MB. It is a fair use policy and if you go over it repetitively, Vodafone will warn you first.

I hope that helps.

Austin
    01-12-09 01:23 PM
    Just tried 44555 and it has all the info except data usage

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-09 02:18 PM
    Hi,

If you dial 44555, Vodafone will text you your balance including data usage.

I wouldn't worry too much about the 500MB monthly limit. Vodafone will not charge you if you go over 500MB. It is a fair use policy and if you go over it repetitively, Vodafone will warn you first.

I hope that helps.

Austin
    Just tried 44555 and it has all the info except data usage

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    dialing 44555 is the same thing as 191 then option 1

Up until last week it used to include data usage, now it does not.
    01-12-09 02:38 PM
    I have just tried it and it shows data usage at the end of the text message.
    01-12-09 03:16 PM
    I have just tried it and it shows data usage at the end of the text message.
    I have just tried it again and it doesn't show on mine

I tried both ways, 44555 and dialing 191 then option 1.
    01-12-09 04:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD