hi everyone, i'm new to crackberry! i'm a college student and my family plan expires soon. i've done a lot of research on the storm and i have a few questions.

on a family plan with 3 lines, 2 of them will be storms. as far as i understand, the unlimited data and email plan costs $29.99 each phone? does this include bbm or any text messaging? if no, what is the next blackberry data plan that does include bbm and how much is this?

i'm assuming text messaging packages will be the same for the storm as for any verizon phone:
    $5 for 250
    $10 for 500, unlimited IN
    $15 for 1500, unlimited IN
    $20 for 5000, unlimited IN
    does this sound about right? it seems like the monthly bills for the storms data/text/email will be much more expensive relative to "comparable" phones like the iPhone or G1.

thanks everyone
    11-14-08 10:23 PM
    i know for our family plan, for 30 bucks we get unlimited text messaging for every line. dont know if that helps
    11-14-08 10:27 PM
    Your plan WITH the Storm will be identical to your Family Plan WITHOUT the Storm in every concieveable way EXCEPT the +$29.99 data package for each Blackberry. It's not some totally new, complex pricing structure like AT&T with the iPhone.

If you need international roaming, that's a slightly different story, but for USA consumer grade use, it's the same price as having a Curve or a Pearl. It's just a Blackberry (the coolest ****ing Blackberry ever!) but just a Blackberry from a pricing perspective.
    11-14-08 10:29 PM
    Your plan WITH the Storm will be identical to your Family Plan WITHOUT the Storm in every concieveable way EXCEPT the +$29.99 data package for each Blackberry. It's not some totally new, complex pricing structure like AT&T with the iPhone.

If you need international roaming, that's a slightly different story, but for USA consumer grade use, it's the same price as having a Curve or a Pearl. It's just a Blackberry (the coolest ****ing Blackberry ever!) but just a Blackberry from a pricing perspective.
    +1

11-14-08 10:33 PM
    For my family plan, the unlimited data and email is per phone. So 2 phones with unlimited data and email would be $29.99 x 2.

There are phone plans that inlcude unlimited texting, but depending on your usage, sometimes it's cheaper to have a seperate texting plan like you listed in your question.

Verizon is really good at helping you determine what plan is best.

Also, Verizon offers a lot of different ways to get on discount plans through jobs, schools...etc.
    11-14-08 10:35 PM
    agree. regular charges +29.99 BB fee (email, web surfing)
    add 15 (45 total) if you connect to business email (well, probably not you if you're a student)
    60 total if you want modem tethering (regardless of business email)

modem tethering can be added or deleted, I think, month to month
    11-14-08 10:40 PM
    thanks for you help

what about BBM? does the $29.99 include that? because that would also change which text package i'd choose.

also, i'll be abroad in spain in the fall; would it be outrageously expensive to use my storm there through some international verizon plan?
    11-14-08 10:43 PM
    BBM works off the data plan and messages sent through BBM do not deduct from your text message allowance...
    11-14-08 10:51 PM
    yes, but if i can bbm others on the $30 without having to pay extra, i won't need as many messages
    11-14-08 11:05 PM
    yes, but if i can bbm others on the $30 without having to pay extra, i won't need as many messages
    If you're worried about texts, go with this:

700 minutes
    2lines FSP w/ unlimited text/pic/vid messaging = 99.99
    3rd line = 9.99
    BIS x2 = 59.98

Total 169.96

note: I'm not sure if unlimited text messaging is additional cost on the 3rd line or not
    11-14-08 11:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD