So for all of us that have some kind of third party lock with a password enabled, are we just tricking ourselves into thinking that our phone is now secure?

Here is why I ask. You password protect your phone incase its lost or falls into the wrong hands right? Well all it takes to get around that is to boot into safe mode thus disabling all third party apps giving the new owner of your phone the ability to uninstall your locking program and getting whatever they want off your phone.

So now my question for the developers, is there a way to lock that down? Is there a way to require a password to delete the program?

Sorry if this isn't in the right section, wasn't sure where to put it.
    04-28-09 09:34 AM
    Use the device security instead. I'm not downloading a 3rd party app just to lock the phone when all BB's come with their own security.
    04-28-09 09:38 AM
    They'd still have to beat your device password, which if they enter incorrectly (10?) times, it'll wipe the device completely.
    04-28-09 09:38 AM
    Sorry, I hadn't messed with the device security at all. Just enabled it and played around with it so I can see where you are both coming from now.
    04-28-09 09:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD