Are there any type of external battery packs that I can use to charge my storm on-the-go?

I've found the battery life to be kind of sub par and I've looked into other battery options. I have the Innocase 2 on my Storm and I don't like taking it off, so I was trying to figure out the most convenient way to keep my Storm alive. I know there are usb battery packs for ipods, but I was wondering if anyone has one that they like that's compatible with the Storm.

On the BB charger it says 5v 700ma, so I'm assuming a homemade battery pack might be out of the question.. Most top out around 400ma

For Example:
    A homemade battery pack
    Last edited by iakona724; 04-25-09 at 10:22 PM.
    04-25-09 10:12 PM
    yup look on the verizon site...
    And do a search... been discussed here...
    04-25-09 10:13 PM
    yup look on the verizon site...
    And do a search... been discussed here...
    or you could just be nice and say, "yes. it's available from Verizon online and in corporate stores."

Not too many more characters, so it wouldn't tax even arthritic fingers, and allows you to sound like less of a ******.

Win/Win
    04-25-09 10:21 PM
    Why not just answer the question instead wasting the time to say do a search. I have do e a few searches on this board and none of them were useful.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-09 10:22 PM
    If you READ the rules of this website, we wouldn't have to talk you new guys like we do. Search first.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/wir...attery+charger
    Last edited by matrix2004; 04-25-09 at 11:30 PM.
    04-25-09 11:28 PM
    or you could just be nice and say, "yes. it's available from Verizon online and in corporate stores."

Not too many more characters, so it wouldn't tax even arthritic fingers, and allows you to sound like less of a ******.

Win/Win
    whatever princess...
    get over it...
    OR I can say what I said so if he searched here in the FIRST place he wouldn't have to even ask about it....
    04-26-09 02:21 AM
    whatever princess...
    get over it...
    OR I can say what I said so if he searched here in the FIRST place he wouldn't have to even ask about it....
    I'm not understanding how his inability to search, not to mention your inability to be helpful, makes you and less of a d!ck, but whatever. Enjoy life.
    04-26-09 03:05 AM
    04-26-09 08:30 AM
    Why not just make the homemade one like you originally posted it will probably cost less and I know that some on the go battery packs are a one-time use type deal, so the homemade seems the best lol if it actually works Ive never tried it.
    04-26-09 08:44 AM
    i use a powermonkey charger when i am out for a few days, has a solar charger too, the solar will not charge the battery but will keep it running at the same level...there are different adaptors to charge different things from it, the actual battery from the power monkey also gives me three full charges to the phone...
    04-26-09 09:11 AM
    search often times delivers absolutely useless results, leading you to a thread with over a 100 pages, 80-90% of which is off of the searched topic

forums are meant to help others while exchanging info, and as most this forum is immensely helpful, especially to the uninitiated BB users, but slamming someone for not getting the desired search results PRIOR to posting is just lame. And every "do your search" reply is exactly that.
    04-26-09 09:43 AM

My 8300 attached with Mini USB Portable Energizer which is Emergency Charger before upgraded 8900. However its actually compatible with 8900 that I use OEM Motorola Mini to Micro Adapter.
    04-26-09 10:18 AM
    search often times delivers absolutely useless results, leading you to a thread with over a 100 pages, 80-90% of which is off of the searched topic

forums are meant to help others while exchanging info, and as most this forum is immensely helpful, especially to the uninitiated BB users, but slamming someone for not getting the desired search results PRIOR to posting is just lame. And every "do your search" reply is exactly that.
    Ditto...........If you don't want to give useful info then don't reply to the post to be a azzzzzzzzzzzz.
    04-26-09 11:26 AM

I agree with you regarding the search function here. I think it is a good feature but there are just way too many posts and threads here on Crackberry and thus making the search function a little unreliable.
    04-26-09 02:01 PM
    I have several of these...I didn't exactly buy these. I got them free from Bestbuy during their Reward Zone special every year. Basically same thing.

1 in the glove box of my car
    1 in my laptop backpack
    1 in my camera backpack

Each pack I have two spare batteries...I only use the rechargable batteries. The one used are ones for dSLR mostly. These rechargables hold their charge for a year. The Sanyo eneloop (SANYO eneloop | Ready to use Rechargeable Battery - The only battery you will ever need)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Emergency-Charger-For-Blackberry-STORM-9500-9530-8900-S_W0QQitemZ170324567116QQcmdZViewItemQQptZPDA_Acce ssories?hash=item170324567116&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14 &_trkparms=72%3A1234|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1 318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

Costco has something similar to charge the ipod. It comes with a mini USB cable. You can buy the mini to micro adapter off Amazon for 1.10 each before shipping. Serve same purpose.
    Last edited by smilepak; 04-26-09 at 03:04 PM.
    04-26-09 02:26 PM
    Check out Ventev external battery. I use it on airplanes to watch videos, and always arrive with a fully charged Storm.

Tried to post a link, but was prevented by less than 10 posts.
    04-26-09 04:39 PM
    I purchased this recently and I'm very happy with it. Worked great for watching movies on my storm during a recent flight. Landed with a full charge on my Storm after a 1/2 day of normal use in the morning (light useage), an hour of surfing while waiting in the airport, and 3hr movies during the flight. It uses 4 1200mah AA batteries (included). You can purchase 2500 mah rechargable Everyready AA batteries at Walmart if you want to more than double the capacity. It comes with several power tips including a mini-usb (most blackberries). The storm uses a micro-usb tip (not included). If you call the company they'll ship you one for a couple of bucks. Alternatively, you can use your USB cable. Well worth the $30.

www .zapworld.com/recharge-it-all/rx4-c-aa-universal-charger

Remove the spaces after www - I don't have enough posts to include links...
    Good luck!
    04-26-09 06:50 PM

My 8300 attached with Mini USB Portable Energizer which is Emergency Charger before upgraded 8900. However its actually compatible with 8900 that I use OEM Motorola Mini to Micro Adapter.

its actually compatible with 8900 that I use the OEM Motorola Micro Adapter, that's a great explain!
    04-27-09 05:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD