I have been reading so many reviews on the Storm but there are so many newbies giving opinions on the Storm and comparing to the iphone, dare, etc.

All I really want to know is what the power users of BB's think about the Storm.

I have been using traditional blackberries for 5 plus years now. I have pretty much owned just about every model that was available for Nextel and just about every Verizon model available over the past 3 years. I currently have the 8330 Curve and I like the phone. BUT, I always want the newest phone and the newest technology... YES I AM A JUNKIE.

So, with all of this said... Experienced Power Users of TRADITIONAL HARD KEY BlackBerries, please tell me what you think of the storm. I really appreciate it!
    11-22-08 05:16 PM
    I have used a Blackberry sine the year 2000 and I think this unit is nice other then the typing. I have used this thing for the past several day alot. I still can't get to the type speed I do on a traditional Blackberry or even on the soft keyboard of the iPhone. I see what RIM tried to do here. However I feel just leaving it as a soft keyboard without the click would have been better. Again this is only my opinion and everyones sense of touch is different. Overall it is a great device other then a few software issues which will be resolved from updates.
    11-22-08 05:22 PM
    So twospot, would u recomend this device to someone that has been a blackberry user as long as you that types 100-200 emails and texts per day?
    11-22-08 05:24 PM
    I would not recommend this phone to that person. Just me though. I have only had it one day and think the keyboard is not the best feature on this unit. A 'normal' touch screen keyboard would have been better. It is a nice phone, do not get me wrong, just would not recommend it to that power user.
    11-22-08 05:30 PM
    So twospot, would u recomend this device to someone that has been a blackberry user as long as you that types 100-200 emails and texts per day?
    I'll have a go at answering that ...... NO ! for that much typing you need a solid keyboard like the BOLD !
    11-22-08 05:30 PM
    I ordered the storm earlier today via verizon wireless's web site. I hope if this unit isn't right for me (as I am suspecting through all of the feedback) that I can just go to a store and return it...
    11-22-08 06:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD