ok, I installed the Blackberry software that came with the phone

I launch Blackberry desktop manager and go to >> media >> media manager >> and when I hit "start", windows (xp) launches Roxio Media Manager (which BTW takes forever).

Only after performing this I see two drives under "My Computer", one of which is the 8GB microsd card. I added music and photos and encountered no problems.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that there's got to be an easier way to enter the mass storage. Or must I absolutely launch those stupid applications every time?

I want to be able to connect the Storm to the USB and baaaaam!.. proper folders for the mass storage appear in "my computer" right away. Can I somehow tell the Storm to always open or map to the mass storage every time I hook it up to the PC?
    12-04-08 10:20 PM
    not sure if this is what you're looking for...but if you go to options>>memory make sure mass storage support is on and then for "auto enable mass storage mode when connected" i put prompt so every time i connect on my computer it will ask if i want to turn it on or off and a folder automatically opens up for me to drag things into...
    12-04-08 10:30 PM
    awesome!

That did the trick man. Thank you sooooooooooooo MUCH!!!!!!!!!
    12-04-08 11:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD