Ok I have a question which is weird and complex but might be easy to solve.

We have an office with 3 people.
    Owner. IT Guy. Field Worker.
    All 3 of us picked up the Blackberry storm last week.

We have a Win2003SBS server with Exchange.
    Ill keep things generic but people will kind of have an idea..
    Never had a problem with exchange all addresses can send and
    recieve worldwide.. they work with remote web workplace.
    However never setup outlook or anything from an external soruce..

Turned on my blackberry and configured the email [email protected] and password. It connected fine with no issues. I can send and recieve from my phone now.

Same with [email protected]

However.. [email protected] wont work on the blackberry and I dont know why. Which is why im asking the forum.

The only difference is Owner has [email protected] and [email protected] setup in the exchange tab but Owner is set as the default.

Is multiple email addresses to 1 domain account name the issue or is it something else? Anyone run into a problem like this?
    12-31-08 07:21 PM
    Ok I have a question which is weird and complex but might be easy to solve.

We have an office with 3 people.
    Owner. IT Guy. Field Worker.
    All 3 of us picked up the Blackberry storm last week.

We have a Win2003SBS server with Exchange.
    Ill keep things generic but people will kind of have an idea..
    Never had a problem with exchange all addresses can send and
    recieve worldwide.. they work with remote web workplace.
    However never setup outlook or anything from an external soruce..

Turned on my blackberry and configured the email [email protected] and password. It connected fine with no issues. I can send and recieve from my phone now.

Same with [email protected]

However.. [email protected] wont work on the blackberry and I dont know why. Which is why im asking the forum.

The only difference is Owner has [email protected] and [email protected] setup in the exchange tab but Owner is set as the default.

Is multiple email addresses to 1 domain account name the issue or is it something else? Anyone run into a problem like this?
    You can have mulitple emails going to one account on exchange but when it comes to BIS and EAS it will only use the primary account to send out. Usually the bolded one under the email addresses tab.

Also are you putting for server path https://mail.company.com/exchange?

If you need help feel free to PM me. Or PIN me I can try to help you the best I can. And yes I do this for a living
    12-31-08 08:10 PM
    are you using BES or BIS? you never specified. its important piece of information.,
    12-31-08 08:25 PM
    If you are using BIS double check your settings in the web portal.

Do you send using your exchange or do you do pop retrieval to get messages and send through a public service?

I would also consider getting Blackberry Professional Software if you are using BIS. You could get the licensing for about $200 for 3 users.
    Then you get the benefit of synced email, calendar, contacts & tasks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-08 08:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD