I'm sorry.. I will go back into my hole now
    ok ok, you can stay out. Just make sure you dont make any more comments like that
    07-18-09 01:18 AM
    The Tour is not without its own problems. Just remember that. How's that battery door?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Mine solid, Hows the torx screws? Or the business cards.. or the Velcro pads, or the screen dust, or the horrible battery life, or the laggy OS Or the hybrid OS.. blah blah.. we've all got our issues

(I'm not being a d*ck, I'm just messing around)

Just sayin.. :-P
    07-18-09 01:19 AM
    ok ok, you can stay out. Just make sure you dont make any more comments like that
    Don't read my last comment then..

going into hole now..
    07-18-09 01:20 AM
    Mine solid, Hows the torx screws? Or the business cards.. or the Velcro pads, or the screen dust, or the horrible battery life, or the laggy OS Or the hybrid OS.. blah blah.. we've all got our issues

(I'm not being a d*ck, I'm just messing around)

Just sayin.. :-P
    Not everyone had those issues. Most of the storm owners dont have issues like you did. And yes I will agree with one thing you said. We all have issues, just some of us seem to have more than others. Im just saying.
    07-18-09 01:24 AM
    Not everyone had those issues. Most of the storm owners dont have issues like you did. And yes I will agree with one thing you said. We all have issues, just some of us seem to have more than others. Im just saying.
    Believe it or not, I had my first storm from nov till ehh..April / May? My BB button fell off. My replacement, the screen click was pretty bad but I dealt with it. I think the biggest thing is how people take care of their devices.

My buddy just got a new storm, i'm trying to help him out with it. He's so aggravated using it because it's so slow. Like, unreal slow. It's gunked up with so much crap from VZW on it
    07-18-09 01:28 AM
    And here I thought all the crying sissy boys would buy their tours and go over there to cry about their lack of ability to use a smart phone.
    Guess people over in the tour forums got sick of em so they think they can come back to the storm forums again and troll.

You have a tour so go already.
    07-18-09 02:09 AM
    And here I thought all the crying sissy boys would buy their tours and go over there to cry about their lack of ability to use a smart phone.
    Guess people over in the tour forums got sick of em so they think they can come back to the storm forums again and troll.

You have a tour so go already.
    Hahaha. Funny stuff.

I like the Tour but gotta wait to see what else is wrong. We all know the storm has A LOT of problems but you might get lucky and get one that works great and with a click able screen. I was lucky then all of a sudden my call button stopped working right out of nowhere and I am getting a replacement. Hope the replacement works well or back it goes till I get one that works as good or better than my current one without the call button issue.

PS

If the replacements are bad I will have to seriously consider a Tour. I just don't want to keep changing my PIN. I had already returned the storm at launch because it was horrible. Waited till software was fixed and got lucky with a purchase of the storm with a fully functional phone. Now I hope I get lucky again, really like surepress as well.
    07-18-09 02:57 AM
    The battery door is solid, the storm has those two flimsy latches that always come undone on me.

I will be honest and let you know if i have battery door issue. But we are all blackberry users and on the same side. If all of our phones were perfect, then we would congratulate each other more often, but when we are all grumpy and in denial because deep down we know there are issues, and someone comes around talking about the newer phone, we get cranky. I am all about the app memory and a physical keyboard. I only use it for business emails and browsing the web, and i can only read one word at a time so why would i need a huge lower resolution screen draining my batter lol.

I seriously wanted to love my storm so much, but I can not stand memory leaks.

I hate the fact that my itouch can hold 200 apps without lag, and i can't even keep 3 on my storm without sacrificing application memory even though it should only be taking up storage space if its not runnin!

Here is a test for tour vs storm:

Go to blackberry app world, and view all the action games and try to scroll through them without lag! Not on the tour my friends! I am not hating on you, I made a stupid decision and bought a storm as well. It has a lot of potential, and will probably be fixed in time as all its issues are software (minus a physical keyboard) so if they seal up the memory leaks, you will all have a nice phone on your hands! Peace brothers!
    I was with u until u brought up app world. I'm lucky enough that I get to play with the storm and the tour on a daily basis. I got my wife a tour on launch day and when we r both home I have it more than her , as I've been setting it up for her. I told her that her phone wad better than mine by specs, but I prefer the bigger/touch screen.
    Back to my point, app world lags on both devices. I understand consumers wanting to defend their investments, but be serious.

07-18-09 03:06 AM
    I've had the storm since the day it came out. And have had it replaced 3 times. So I got the tour the day it came out. The storm is just way to glitchy. The storm was great for screen size. But the tour just works. And it just became a pain to sit and wait for your phone to work. I love my tour!!
    07-18-09 04:06 AM
    What a waste of a thread, I will take the bigger screen and 8gb card thanks!

07-18-09 05:55 AM
    I actually only ever had one storm, in the 3-4 months I've had it. I never had a single hardware defect, it ran a lot better after the updates, official and leaked.

I am NOT hating on the storm, it just needs a little work for the people who use it all day for many tasks at the same time.

My best move was the "second swipe trick" when you swipe to show someone the next picture in your library and you know it is processing, but taking too long so you time your second fake swipe of your hand to act like "oh I didn't touch it hard enough" so it syncs with the lagged transition.

The storm is an important phone, it was a gateway drug to the world of blackberries, I would have never started using them had I not got myself a storm.
    07-18-09 08:58 AM
    Haven't had a single problem with memory leaks or running low on memory for that matter since upgrading to .151, Storm has been running smoother and faster than ever. So thanks, but no thanks. I'll stick with my storm
    07-18-09 09:21 AM
    My buddy just got a new storm, i'm trying to help him out with it. He's so aggravated using it because it's so slow. Like, unreal slow. It's gunked up with so much crap from VZW on it
    **** Vzw and those pushed apps!
    07-18-09 10:11 AM
    **** Vzw and those pushed apps!

there just icons on your phone unless you choose to install them. Just hide them in some folder that you dont use. Problem solved.
    07-18-09 09:41 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD