Originally Posted by Slow46GT
    I claimed my Treo 700 maybe 5 months ago but just recently bought a Storm. Does this limit refresh when the phone changes?

yes, see "exceptions" in the original post
    Wrong again..

It DOES NOT reset your 2 claims. only time a reset will happen is if you got a new phone number on same phone..

the insurance follows your phone number not your phone
    10-06-09 10:03 PM
    Sorry, but that is NOT correct per both an Asurion rep *and* her supervisor.

Regardless of whether you are sent a new device or a refurb, it carries a 1 year warranty covering manufacturer defects. Period.

FWIW, I was told that the policy you stated USED to be in effect but, quoting the Asurion supervisor, "that was a long, long, long time ago". Currently, it's 1 year no matter what they send you.
    THANK YOU

I HOPE THAT PEA SIZE BRAIN DUDE GETS IT NOW
    10-06-09 10:04 PM
    Speaking of the argument of warranty lengths, I just got my replacement today.

As I told you the other day, when I was talking to the Asurion supervisor, and she explained the 1yr warranty on a brand new unit, and the 6mo on a refurb, I talked her into making a fair agreement with me. Since I was being blackbooked with Asurion, she would make sure I got a brand new phone. Hopefully that would improve my chances at being happy since I can't get insurance for a year. She told me that since the refurbs come with a 6mo warranty, that she would insure that I ended up with a brand new phone. She said she would give me a 1 time courtesy credit, and notate my account, that if I did receive a refurb'd phone to call her back, and she would ship the phone back until I get a new one. She explained that this is something they never do, and I believe that now after just talking to another rep...Anyway back to the story, Today the ole brown truck comes with a box about the same dimensions of a new phone inside, I got real excited knowing that I wouldn't have to worry with trying to see if she was full of you-know-what. My happiness was short lived as I opened the box, and inside was a small Asurion box (with the phone inside), and the other stuff that they send you... REFURB!

So I called asurion knowing I was going to have to fight and fight to get what I was promised, but again I was wrong. The regular rep answered, I told him I had received a refub's phone, and before I could explain, he interrupted me and said, "well looking at your account, you were promised a new phone. Please hold while I get advanced customer support on the line" He put me on hold, and came back saying he was going to put me into a cue. That he had gotten a supervisor on the line and he was reviewing the notes, and would pick up shortly. It wasn't 30 seconds before a guy picked up, introduced himself, and explained he had sent a email to me with a return label. He gave me a tracking number for a phone he just shipped headed my way for tomorrow, and asked that I please mail the refurb'd one back within 10 days. He also said that he didn't think the one coming would be refurb'd because he notated for it to be new in the invoice he sent to the warehouse. He did say that if it still come as a refurb, just to give them back a call tomorrow, so we will wait and see.

The more time I spend talking to people at Asurion, the more I realize that it seems to be a good company filled with good people, but it just has a ridiculous agreement with Verizon.

aCTUALLY I THINK MY SUPERVISOR WAS THE ONE TO HELP. I THINK I REMEMBER THAT CALL
    10-06-09 10:06 PM
    Sorry for serial posting but I wanted to write that there is really no need for the two of us to argue this point, each insisting that one is correct and the other wrong.

Anyone reading this thread can easily verify this issue, one way or the other, simply by calling Asurion and posing the question. The number is 888-881-2622.
    EXACTLY!..lol That morron needs to shut up. he does not know what hes talking about
    10-06-09 10:09 PM
    If you have claimed a phone within the last 12 months, BE CAREFUL!!!

I have used Asurion for years here with Verizon, and with Nextel. This policy is new to me, and I just wanted you guys to know about it so you don't end up like me.

If you claim 2 phones within 12 months, you are kicked off your insurance, and "blackbooked" for a year.

What this means is once you claim your second time, Asurion will approve you the replacement but will then drop you from the program, and you will be ineligible for insurance for 12 months.

I claimed a lost phone back in April, and had to claim another one yesterday. Asurion shipped me the phone, but told me that I was being dropped from insurance, and could not get insurance again until September of 2010. I did some complaining, I mean its not like I am a repeat offender, I just had some bad luck. Like I said before I had used them with Nextel for years and Ive never heard of this, and never had a problem. I eventually talked to a supervisor who explained that Asurion is giving a Maximum benefit limit by your service provider (in this case Verizon Wireless) as to how many phones they can replace. With my provider, that limit is 2.

I can understand that some people can take advantage of their insurance, but I think 2 is extremely rediculious! Basically if you lose 1 phone or it is stolen, YOU BETTER HOPE THAT WITHIN 12 MONTHS NOTHING HAPPENS OR YOU WILL LOSE YOUR INSURANCE! The only thing we can do as customers is band together (if you agree this policy is unfair) and file complaints with Asurion AND Verizon Wireless (Since according to Asurion, Verizon Wireless are the ones who set the limit). Some of you may already know this, but I'm sure some of you don't. Either way, I have done my part and complained both in writing, and on the phone to BOTH companies. Its now up to you. I just wanted to make sure you were informed with this policy. Good Luck!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Exceptions~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    EXCEPTIONS TO LIMIT

Your insurance will start over if you do one of these 3 things

Purchase another phone
    Upgrade your phone with the New Every 2 program
    Extend your contract

Oh and BTW If you are shipped a BRAND NEW PHONE in retail packaging you will have a 1yr Warranty. However if you are shipped a refurbished phone, you will receive only a 6mo warranty

Seems backwards to me, its almost like they know that the damaged phones they "fix" won't last the full year!
    Let me see if I have this right...
    YOU want to "warn" people about a contractual meeting of the minds (when said consumer initially signed up for Asurion Insurance Coverage) THEY themselves made, and seemingly you wish to inject some sort of caveat because you were stripped of your coverage because you FAILED to read the TOS, before signing up for the insurance to begin with?

K?

You don't deserve to have Chuck Norris as your avatar!
    GTFO tta here with that crap, man

Edit: If you can't take care of your damn phone to begin with, maybe you aren't old enough to have
    such a phone that warrants insurance coverage, that's pretty pathetic.
    10-07-09 12:01 AM
    First of all... SilvioBenussi... I love you.
    Secondly... I took it upon myself to check the Terms and Conditions of the big four carriers in the US and they're all pretty much identical. If you would like to the find the reference to claim limits, I've posted the exact location in each document for you below:

Verizon Wireless:
    page 15, section C

AT&T:
    page 10, section III, item b

T-Mobile:
    page 10, section C

Sprint
    :
    page 2, section III, item a

To the OP... please quit action like a fool. Even if the representative in the store didn't read the Terms & Conditions to you, I'm sure they stuck the brochure in the bag for you to read and you had the opportunity to cancel the insurance. If you don't think the policy is fair don't accept the insurance coverage.

One last note... of the big four US carriers, 3 have claim limits of 2 per year. The only one that differs is Sprint with a claim limit of three per year. If you like cheap service (and dropped calls) and think you can't take care of your phone, Sprint is your best bet.
    10-07-09 04:48 AM
    no...................
    Ignore that, Yes it does
    10-09-09 06:26 PM
    Where did my post's go?
    10-09-09 06:52 PM
    Prolly got deleted....I saw some bad language. Tsk tsk.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-09 06:54 PM
    Prolly got deleted....I saw some bad language. Tsk tsk.

rofl... For some reason seeing you type that just makes me laugh lol...
    10-09-09 07:42 PM
    so i guess OP got pwnt with the info that tim posted...

all is well on crackberry, there must be a balance in the schwartz!
    10-09-09 09:53 PM
    i have been with verizon for years and asurion did try to kick me off about three ago because i was having issues with the lg chocolate. if u threaten to leave Verizon for the reason of the insurance they will of course wave that policy.. that is just my experience..

another loop hole is to get a really good looking friend to go into a store and flirt wit tech support and they will change it for you anyway!!! Food for thought!!!! LOL
    10-10-09 07:04 AM
    Hmmm, I just broke the screen on my storm sunday, asurion sent a referb the next day, it had a defective screen that wouldn't click. They sent a second referb the next day, neither phone had a SIMM card in the box, the rep promised there would be a SIMM card. The sent a SIMM card but it went to the wrong address so I called again today about sending a SIMM to the right address and while I was talking to them I peeled the protective shipping film off of the camera lense and the whole plastic cover for the camera lense came off with the protective film still attached. So they are sending a 3rd phone tomorrow. I asked about a new phone and was told the send new phones when they have them. I also asked about the warranty on the referb's and they told me it would be a one year warranty on the referb or new replacement phone. I am not very impressed with the quality of the referb phones they have sent me. The people have been nice and helpfull, but when the assure me they will make sure they include a SIMM card in the box twice and both times the card is left out I cannot take them for there word.

Crummy referb phones and I can't trust what they say. And now that I have one of there referbs they told me any future warranty issues will be thru them, great, how lucky can it get. I wonder how many defective referbs they will send before I luck out and get a new phone?
    10-29-09 08:45 PM
    Got the 3rd replacement Storm from Asurion today. This one is a brand new Verizon branded phone made in Mexico with all the trimmings. About time. I wonder if the low rating I gave them on the customer satisfaction survey yesterday had any infuance on them to give up on the refurb phones?
    10-31-09 05:36 AM
    Hmmm so I'm a lucky if I claim four chocolates in a month period but didn't get drop. I had a total of eight chocolates during a three month period.

10-31-09 09:55 AM
    Most policies like this end up being a result of people abusing the system. No different than return policies at stores, etc.

In about 12 years of owning a cell phone, I have luckily never lost one. [knock][knock]
    10-31-09 11:54 AM
    really dumb question: how does the insurance work? do i have to send back the defective phone?
    10-31-09 12:01 PM
    really dumb question: how does the insurance work? do i have to send back the defective phone?
    You pay a deductable of either 50 or 100 dollars depending on the phone, they send you a new one which you can then transfer your contacts onto if your old phone is still useable, and then they also send a little package to send your old phone back in. If they dont receive your old phone within two weeks they charge the credit card number you provided for the full amount of the new phone.
    10-31-09 12:16 PM
93 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD