Is it really so hard to buy a cradle to put on your desk to give the phone an extra boost? or buy a car charger (Shouldn't be on the phone while you drive). The fix is coming. It is a BRAND NEW phone. Like all things BRAND NEW, there will be some flaws.
    12-10-08 03:19 PM
    My battery works fine, up to 3 days.
    12-10-08 03:33 PM
    I'm using BB Messenger, emails, browser, and Facebook/Flickr apps all the time and mine will last 1.5 to 2 days before needing a charge.
    12-10-08 03:36 PM
    I'm using BB Messenger, emails, browser, and Facebook/Flickr apps all the time and mine will last 1.5 to 2 days before needing a charge.
    Same for me. I'm surprised since last week (before I got the phone), I read a lot of complaints about the battery here.

I almost feel bad that I don't have problems with the battery, the edges of the touch screen, the buttons, nothing. It's a perfect phone. And now I'm off to find some wood to knock on.
    12-10-08 03:40 PM
    i e-mail, talk on the phone, and use the browser pretty frequently throughout the day and mine will last for 1-1 1/2 days BUT if i watch a movie it lasts like 4 hours total
    12-10-08 03:41 PM
    You talk about a "fix" coming?

What exactly do you know?

I have received a replacement battery(with no help)and a replacement device(haven't had it long enough to see if it makes a battery difference)
    I only get 18-20 hrs on standby. If I use the phone for anything I have to charge it twice a day and at night.
    Yes you can use desktop or car chargers.

However, the stats state 15.5 days at standby. That's the issue I take place with. If I could get a day or 2 with use I could get by.

I hope you can reply with the "fix" you speak of. Please PM

Thanks
    12-10-08 03:47 PM
    Batteries are funny, especially the "smart" batteries in our BB's. A lot of things will determine the life-charge of a battery. From its age to the outside temperature. Also, if you have a number of applications running in the background, the battery can drain pretty fast, even in standby. WiFi and Bluetooth are other culprits. Lastly, the battery could be damaged. Take a look at it and make sure there are no bubbles under the main sticker. Also, check the water damage sticker. What color is it? Long exposure to high humidity can actually damage a battery.

Degree in Electrical Engineering (by trade)
    12-10-08 03:55 PM
    You talk about a "fix" coming?

What exactly do you know?

I have received a replacement battery(with no help)and a replacement device(haven't had it long enough to see if it makes a battery difference)
    I only get 18-20 hrs on standby. If I use the phone for anything I have to charge it twice a day and at night.
    Yes you can use desktop or car chargers.

However, the stats state 15.5 days at standby. That's the issue I take place with. If I could get a day or 2 with use I could get by.

I hope you can reply with the "fix" you speak of. Please PM

Thanks

I meant that RIM and Verizon probably (its all over) know about the battery issue. I would think that they are working on it. Please do not think I know anything. my battery loses power over the day just like everyone elses. I charge it every night. It will not hurt the phone to charge it. I am saying, these forums are for help, but it seems there are hundreds of threads (nobody doing a search) being created about the SAME thing. Enough already...Don't like it.....return it.
    12-10-08 03:59 PM
    My battery does fine - even after using it all day it shows 80% battery life left. Though I use it mainly for email (60-100 a day coming in from clients) and a small amount of web browsing - about 60 minutes of browsing total in a day.

Though I do have it set to darken the screen after 20 seconds if I don't press a key and I don't have the brightness up at full, it's at it's lowest setting which is totally adequate and viewable.

When I first got this blackberry the power use was terrible but it did improve with my changes to the screen brightness and darkening etc then it improved with the .75 update.
    12-10-08 06:36 PM
    My batteries absolutely fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-08 06:43 PM
    While Li Ion batteries (like in the Storm) don't suffer from the memory effect like NiCad batteries did, they do still have a finite number of recharge cycles before they start to lose capacity. If you keep topping the battery off during the day, you're going to wear it out in a couple of months, and the problem will start getting worse much more rapidly once you hit around the 500th recharge cycle.

In general, you should let a Li Ion battery drain down to around 25% before recharging. Letting it deplete completely is not a good idea.
    12-10-08 06:50 PM
    I'm on day 2 of my battery and I still have plenty of juice. I wont need to charge till tomorrow night. I can generally go 3 days between charges. 2 if I'm really doing a lot, and I mean A LOT.
    12-10-08 06:54 PM
    Coming from an iPhone, this phone spoils me. I love the battery life.
    12-10-08 06:57 PM
    I seem to get a good solid work day out of a charge. Today I got about 50 emails and read a bunch on Viigo as well as talked for over and hour and 20 min. Just now charging it. Im not unhappy with that kind of performance. not as good as the old treo but the treo wasnt as useful.

Abigfish
    12-10-08 06:57 PM
    I use the browser watch an hour and half of movie n had to recharge. I won't get more than a day charge then again I do use it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-08 07:02 PM
    You guys are killing me! I have to recharge after about 12 hours. I talk for about an hour and send 50 emails, have minimal apps running, minimal browsing, etc. What gives?
    I have the 1380 mAh battery. Do you have the 1400?
    12-10-08 07:02 PM
    I'm not having any problems with my battery.
    12-10-08 07:03 PM
    Turn GPs off and turn data from Global to the XEV option.
    12-10-08 07:04 PM
    Already done......
    12-10-08 07:05 PM
    my battery life isnt bad except when im doing things that DRAIN it... then i expect it to be dead... but i get a solid 8 am to mid night on it...
    12-10-08 07:08 PM
    Do you all have the 1400 mAh battery? I have the 1380.
    12-10-08 07:08 PM
    I am pretty disappointed with my battery. I unplugged the phone at 7:30 this morning, 5-6 phone calls, nothing long, and reading some e-mails and texts...and now I am down to 20%....I don't expect 2 days, but a full day, 18 hours would be nice.....just my opinion
    12-10-08 07:13 PM
    I changed the settings for the screen to dim quicker, brightness is down, GPS is off, network is set to XEV only. I don't run tons of apps all day. Today I made about an hours worth of calls, emailed about 40 times and browsed online for about 45 minutes. The battery was at 5% after being off the carger for 7 hours.
    Some of you are having an extraordinary experience with your battery, I am not and I've been trying to stretch it.
    I absolutely love the Storm, but the need to charge it twice a day, then at night seems a bit too much.
    12-10-08 07:26 PM
    I just watched a full movie using bluetooth headphones, texted about 15 messages, BlackBerry messaged a couple other people, talked for 50 minutes through a bluethooth headset, and browsed the internet for about 20 minutes. This only took away 2 bars from my battery life today. Not to mentions checking countless emails

Yesterday, I listened to about 10 songs though my bluetooth headphones, browsed the internet frequently throughout the day, texed about 5 messages, and talked on it for about 10 minutes. I came home with more than 3 bars on my battery. Again, checking numerous emails all day.

I think this phone is doing pretty well with the battery life.

My settings
    Screen 30% brightness
    Backlight timeout at 30 seconds
    Bluetooth is on half the time (other times I disable it)
    GPS is fully active
    Network settings on 1XEV only
    12-10-08 07:33 PM
    I let the battery die the first 2 days....and its been better.
    12-10-08 07:55 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD