Anyone know why? And Yes all my apps. and programs are closed.
    06-02-09 10:54 PM
    Hard to say. My battery life is a whole lot better.
    06-02-09 11:04 PM
    Double check that Bluetooth isn't turned on. I never use it but its turned on by itself after some upgrades and eats my battery

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-09 11:19 PM
    Recmmend you check the following:

-Check GPS set to E911 Only - This is to see if any apps are running the GPS overtime. If your battery is better with this setting, check apps for issues

-Check Wireless settings to 1XEV only. From what I understand this stops the device from attempting to find GSM towers.

-After update you did you do a battery pull?
    06-02-09 11:22 PM
    Calls: try phone > menu > options > general options > enhance headset call audio > normal or boost treble.

Battery: various problems w/.148 & 3rd party screen locks. If u use, try uninstalling.
    06-03-09 09:49 AM
    all good suggestions. i can't think of anything extra except hardware issues.
    06-03-09 10:24 AM
    Well with 148 my BT device a Jawbone2 was horrible with lower call volume and poor sound quality and after so many re-installs of 148 even with no apps it just doesn't change, so for me 132 is working perfect and it is also confirmed that there is a bug in BT in 141 and 148!
    06-03-09 11:18 AM
    the bug is only with particular BT earpieces, doesn't effect everyone.
    06-03-09 11:21 AM
    the bug is only with particular BT earpieces, doesn't effect everyone.
    Well I'm hoping the bug isn't with the new Jawbone Prime because i wanna get that device soon
    06-03-09 11:22 AM
    that earpiece?
    06-03-09 11:26 AM
    that earpiece?
    i like the jawbone and the new 1 looks even better but im willing to find a good device other then that if it works properly with 148!
    06-03-09 11:35 AM
    i love my OG jawbone...i won it from work, and it's been a tank for me ever since!
    06-03-09 11:48 AM
    Love my Jawbone 2 with .148. No bug I know about.
    06-03-09 12:20 PM
    they're stating that audio quality is way low to the point that you can't hear...
    06-03-09 01:00 PM
    they're stating that audio quality is way low to the point that you can't hear...
    Think that is an intermittent issue that only select people are having.
    06-03-09 01:05 PM
    Anyone know why? And Yes all my apps. and programs are closed.
    You haven't traveled into any weak service areas lately have you? Typically that is what does it for most people. If the phone is having trouble finding or maintaining a signal it turns the power up to the radio to maintain or try to find service, which in turn sucks the life out of the battery. I go all day on about a half a battery unless I am streaming audio then I can go through 2 batteries in 8 hours.
    06-03-09 01:08 PM
    You haven't traveled into any weak service areas lately have you? Typically that is what does it for most people. If the phone is having trouble finding or maintaining a signal it turns the power up to the radio to maintain or try to find service, which in turn sucks the life out of the battery. I go all day on about a half a battery unless I am streaming audio then I can go through 2 batteries in 8 hours.
    Very true! At work my signal stength is consistenly around -80 dbm and battery lasts all day without a problem. At home it usually is around -100 dbm, and drains the battery faster.
    06-03-09 06:50 PM
    low phone volume was only problem i had after 148 upgrade. go phone/menu/options/general options and set default call volume to 100% and enhance handset call audio to normal. both were automatically set to "previous" when updated for some reason. volume is high now. this should fix ya.
    06-03-09 09:12 PM
    Recmmend you check the following:

-Check GPS set to E911 Only - This is to see if any apps are running the GPS overtime. If your battery is better with this setting, check apps for issues

-Check Wireless settings to 1XEV only. From what I understand this stops the device from attempting to find GSM towers.

-After update you did you do a battery pull?

This will disconnect GPS services for certain applications, like 'Where,' correct?

My brother spoke of this, the other day. Said the Storm will search for the best signal, and that will drain the battery. If he is correct, as are you, will this help battery life and not hinder my cell reception? I'd rather have to charge my phone every evening - for an hour, or so - than NOT to have coverage.
    06-03-09 09:20 PM
    low phone volume was only problem i had after 148 upgrade. go phone/menu/options/general options and set default call volume to 100% and enhance handset call audio to normal. both were automatically set to "previous" when updated for some reason. volume is high now. this should fix ya.
    I also read that setting "enhance handset call audio" to boost treble instead of normal also helps.
    06-03-09 09:21 PM
    i tried setting enhance handset call audio to boost first with no effect. the settings in my post worked like night and day diff.
    06-03-09 09:42 PM
    I have had the bluetooth issue since I upgraded my to .148. I'm going to give this a try it's the only advice I have found anywhere on here for this issue.

Thanks
    06-03-09 09:52 PM
    RE: Global vs. 1XEV...

it will only search for GSM coverage when CDMA is non-existent. the device is designed to run on the native CDMA network and then "roam" on GSM...so it shouldn't be looking for GSM when CDMA is available, even if the signal is poor...
    06-04-09 02:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD