Probably could find the answer to this if I looked hard enough but anyone know the purpose of the event log and can it be cleared without harming anything? Seems that it takes up a little memory? Thanks
    05-10-09 12:22 PM
    I cleared mine and turned it off and have seen no issues

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-09 12:24 PM
    I cleared mine and turned it off and have seen no issues

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yeah mine shows up in Quicklaunch, never really payed any attention but wanted to clear it now and again, thanks for the feedback.
    05-10-09 12:27 PM
    The event log can be a pain. I have disabled my event log and never have to clear it. Think of the event log as your history on your PC. Here is what to do....

Disable the Event Log; From your homescreen turn the phone to landscape mode. Menu key>show keyboard. Press and hold the !?123 key till it locks> type "/"/ and the warning log will show up. Press the menu button>options. Highlight any one of the checked events, Press the menu button again and hide all types. At this time all of your check marks will go away in that list. Press the back button and save. Once back at the warning log press the menu button and clear the current log. It is now disabled.
    05-10-09 02:03 PM
    The event log can be a pain. I have disabled my event log and never have to clear it. Think of the event log as your history on your PC. Here is what to do....

Disable the Event Log; From your homescreen turn the phone to landscape mode. Menu key>show keyboard. Press and hold the !?123 key till it locks> type "/"/ and the warning log will show up. Press the menu button>options. Highlight any one of the checked events, Press the menu button again and hide all types. At this time all of your check marks will go away in that list. Press the back button and save. Once back at the warning log press the menu button and clear the current log. It is now disabled.
    Okay Civil Servant, that was VERY COOL, and very helpful as well. Thanks for the heads up. I now have no worries on this issue.
    05-10-09 02:10 PM
    Your quit welcome.
    05-10-09 02:22 PM
    Event log hidden not disabled.
    05-10-09 02:44 PM
    Are you sure? And does this mean its still rackin up events that use a bit of memory?
    05-10-09 02:54 PM
    Been discussed quite a bit in forums. Don't think log uses much space.

I clear daily. LogMaid will clear it 4 u. Download if u want:

LogMaid / MobiHand.com
    05-10-09 03:18 PM
    Not hidden, diabled. When the boxes are unchecked, event history is not stored for each of those Event logs. the event history is like saving every time you open an app or make an enrty in you calendar. each of those events can mean kbs of memory. if they were hidden, after a while you would have no memory left. Try it. If you don't agree simply re-enable the event log and clear it daily.
    05-10-09 03:31 PM
    Think RIM is careful in word choice (show/hide) & doubt they wd create function that eventually uses up memory w/o informing users as 2 how 2 access function.

U know route:

Landscape view > menu > show keyboard > lock number key > type " / " / > menu > options > highlight any event in list > menu > show all types > menu > save.

U will get display of events u thought weren't logged b/c u hid them.
    05-10-09 05:05 PM
    Tranfigured, I stand corrected. Kudos!
    05-10-09 07:07 PM
    It's all good!!
    05-10-09 07:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD