This is definitely a nooby question, but what is the purpose of the event log besides showing you what you have done, is it like having a cache, and somethings will load quicker, or if you play brick breaker and pause, clear event log, will it ask for a new game?
    basically, what do you loose when you clear your event log?
    thanks
    i know this is a noobish question
    01-29-09 08:57 PM
    im pretty sure but please dont quote me but i beleive the event log is like a car's or an airplanes "little black box" that basicly tracks what you are doing. and after a while it will rob you of app memory so i went in to my event log and changed the setting to turn off the event log so i never have that build up and robbing of app memory. BTW my application memory is 40.6 MB
    01-29-09 09:46 PM
    The event log is just basically a debugging tool, for the most part at least. If your phones not crashing or you don't understand anything in it then it has no purpose and you won't lose anything by clearing it. Even if you "disable" the event log the events are still logged they just aren't displayed, you'll still need to clear it every now and then.
    01-29-09 10:04 PM
    There is actually free programs out there that will automatically clear the log for you. Try logMaid. the OTA link is with the list of apps on another thread. It runs behind the scene and clears the log every hour.
    01-29-09 10:07 PM
    thanks arreat. learn something new every every day
    01-29-09 10:15 PM
    How exactly do you disable the event log? I cannot find that option.
    01-29-09 11:04 PM
    no one has answered my question, how does the event log affect the functionality of the phone, i know it can lead to memory leaks, but does it also act like a cache or something, for example, like loading a webpage faster when you have in your cache. Like will the storm run apps smoother when they are recorded in the event log, and is any memory saved in the event log, such as setting and what not.
    thanks
    01-30-09 12:33 AM
    How exactly do you disable the event log? I cannot find that option.
    There is no disabling, people are using that term but they are actually just hiding the log. The entries are still there but hidden. So hiding the log entries does not do anything. You still need to clear them if you want to regain memory.
    02-02-09 08:35 AM
    There is no disabling, people are using that term but they are actually just hiding the log. The entries are still there but hidden. So hiding the log entries does not do anything. You still need to clear them if you want to regain memory.
    Didnt really answer the question....how do u do it.. anyone???
    02-02-09 10:25 AM
    no one has answered my question, how does the event log affect the functionality of the phone, i know it can lead to memory leaks, but does it also act like a cache or something, for example, like loading a webpage faster when you have in your cache. Like will the storm run apps smoother when they are recorded in the event log, and is any memory saved in the event log, such as setting and what not.
    thanks
    The simple answer is, it has no effect on the preformance of the device.

The event log is is a 200 Kb file, new entries displace the older entries. There is little benifit gained by deleteing the files, it will refill in about 2 days of normal use.
    02-02-09 10:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD