Its probably a stupid question. I was trying to change some ringer profiles and wanted to set it where if if device is in holster mail and bb messnger alerts beep and vib but if out of holster it only lights up the LED. On my curve there were In / out settings but I'm not seeing how to replicate audio / vib in holster and just led out. Am I missing something somewhere? Again I know its probably a stupid question but. Yeah I can't find it :/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-09 09:30 PM
    No question is a stupid question.... that being said, if I understand your question correctly, you should be able to set your out of holster ringer to silent and in holster with a ring and a vibe.
    01-07-09 09:36 PM
    I cannot find in holster or out of holster setting either.. In the Sound profiles, there is alert setting, and there is in holster settings there, but, i believe there is still an issue in the OS that makes those settings not work.

I am finding that when in holster, I get an email, sms or BB msgnr, when the phone vibrates and I take it out of holster, it open into the email list automaticaly. I dont like that and cannot figure out how to change that
    01-07-09 09:43 PM
    Yeah rooster.

But when I go into my normal profile there is no "out of holster" options. I've got

Alert
    Volume
    Sound In holster (on)
    Led (on)
    And vibrate (in holster only)

Basically just trying to find a mute when out of holster for certain alerts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-09 10:03 PM
    No question is a stupid question....
    How many flies can fit in a thermometer???

01-07-09 10:09 PM
    How many flies can fit in a thermometer???

DAMMIT! Now I have to know!
    01-07-09 11:08 PM
    Any more information on how to make this work?
    01-08-09 08:37 AM
    DAMMIT! Now I have to know!
    Google it, or ask.com, or Yahoo answers, I bet someone knows.
    01-08-09 09:45 AM
    Any more information on how to make this work?
    I could not find the setting either, near as I can tell, you are only able to disable the in holster alerts/sounds, NOT the reverse. Perhaps CX, Civic, or one of the other Pros can answer.
    01-08-09 09:51 AM
    Go into Messages, click the BB Menu key when on the date line, and choose Message Alerts. Customize your ring/vib/led here.

Last edited by bkr6891; 01-08-09 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Add screen shot
    01-08-09 12:08 PM
    Go into Messages, click the BB Menu key when on the date line, and choose Message Alerts. Customize your ring/vib/led here.

Yes, i've found this, that's easy. but how do you turn off sound and vib when OUT of the holster, but turn it on when it's IN the holster?

I think like pkcable said, it may not be able to be reversed like that.

The options in your pic show it to always vib, ring, and LED...
    01-08-09 02:20 PM
    the volume setting in the pix about are the out of holster setting. Assign that to be silent.
    01-08-09 02:24 PM
    Under Vibration select Custom......
    01-08-09 02:31 PM
    the volume setting in the pix about are the out of holster setting. Assign that to be silent.

I just did a couple of quick tests with this, if You change the volume to silent, the "sound in holster" setting is gone, so no audio when they arrive in holster.

I know it seems picky, but I share an office, and at work I leave my phone in a cradle so I can see it all day. the Rings are driving my co-worker in the office nuts..I just need to be able to hear or feel my phone go off when it's in my pocket at other times....
    Last edited by tehmonkeh; 01-08-09 at 02:52 PM.
    01-08-09 02:45 PM
    bump once more before leaving work for the day. hoping for something new to try...
    01-08-09 04:01 PM
    Under Vibration select Custom......
    Did you do this.....
    01-09-09 06:54 AM
    Did you do this.....
    Yes, but it only lets me adjust length of vib, how many times, and in / out of holster. I need a way to mute volume when out of holster, not vibration.
    01-09-09 08:58 AM
    You could get used to using the preset settings,
    if you push the speaker icon there are several selections..
    1 vibrate only.. since you're concerned when you have it craddled
    at work.. when removing from the cradle just set to normal again..
    two clicks.. I use this feature several times a day..

I wish my cat would fly but no matter how often i try it keeps
    landing on it's feet...
    01-09-09 09:32 AM
    You could get used to using the preset settings,
    if you push the speaker icon there are several selections..
    1 vibrate only.. since you're concerned when you have it craddled
    at work.. when removing from the cradle just set to normal again..
    two clicks.. I use this feature several times a day..

I wish my cat would fly but no matter how often i try it keeps
    landing on it's feet...
    lol, I wouldn't be continueing to ask if it wasn't something that was implemented on other phones, i was mainly worried I was just missing it somewhere. I guess it's just not on here anymore.
    01-09-09 10:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD