What do you guys think of ESPN's website when viewed with the Storm's default browser? On my phone, it looks like the ESPN iPhone site, only it doesn't work well. I really like the way it looks, but I can't get anything to work. I can't click on "What's Hot" or "News & Analysis" or anything else underneath the scoreboard. So basically all that works on the site are the links at the top of the page and the scoreboard.

Do you guys have the same problems? As much as the new site is nice to look at, I prefer the regular mobile version of the site that I was able to access on my Pearl and on previous non-Blackberry phones because I could actually access all the information available on the site (you can access the mobile version with your desktop browser at m.espn.go.com/wireless/index?). Is there any way to access the regular mobile site with the Blackberry browser on the Storm? I have been able to access the regular mobile version of ESPN through Opera Mini on the Storm, but I really prefer the standard Blackberry Browser.

By the way, my Browser is set to identify as "Blackberry" and I have Javascript enabled.

Any ideas are appreciated.
    01-13-09 09:00 AM
    If you set your Browser to identify as Internet Explorer, I believe that carries you into the regular ESPN page.

BTW, I absolutely hate their newly redesigned page (as it looks on our PCs)

Too complicated to use!
    01-13-09 09:37 AM
    If you go to the verizon bookmarks page (the original homepage for the browser) and follow the sports link to ESPN it will take you to the mobile site you're used to and ypu can bookmark it from there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-09 09:44 AM
    If you go to the verizon bookmarks page (the original homepage for the browser) and follow the sports link to ESPN it will take you to the mobile site you're used to and ypu can bookmark it from there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I just tried this, but still no luck...it loads the newer mobile version of the site (the one that kinda looks like the iPhone version, if you've ever seen it) and I still can't access most of the content.

I wonder if I've got some setting changed that won't allow me to view the standard mobile site. I've tried all three browser identifications, and they all take me to the updated mobile site or to the desktop ESPN site, which works fine but is much slower to load and navigate through.
    01-13-09 10:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD