I don't know if this is a bug or not, but sometimes the escape key doesn't work or only works in certain programs. I really hate having to keep clicking close from the menu to go back a screen. Is this escape button supposed to be working all the time?
    11-30-08 12:08 AM
    Anyone????
    11-30-08 09:32 AM
    what do you mean it doesn't work? Remember on BB some programs always stay running in order to assist in the speed of switching.
    11-30-08 09:37 AM
    I think the OP means that sometimes when you click the escape key it does nothing...will not back you up to the previous page. You have to press the escape key several times or hit it just right to get it to work. I have had the same issue with mine. Didn't know if this was a software issue that might be fixed in an upgrade or a physical problem problem with the button itself. Anyone know?
    11-30-08 09:48 AM
    if that is the case - it sounds like a hardware issue as out Storms can back out of anything by pressing the button. If that is the case, I would get it replaced. Of course, without seeing it - that is a guess.
    11-30-08 09:51 AM
    Wow I hate to replace it because otherwise it has worked just fine in all respects....but probably will speak to the folks at the Verizon store about it today. It is a pain in the ****. Example: On my Curve I could open an attachment in an email, save the image, and then hit the escape key until I got back to the original message screen and then just delete. On the Storm I can do that SOMETIMES but have to almost pound on the escape key and sometimes I just have to keep closing the screens to back myself out.
    11-30-08 10:07 AM
    yeah I would say generally speaking if you have to apply more pressure to get it to work sometime . . hardware is the culprit. I would change it out now though . . . . later you will change it out and only get a refurb unit; at least now youhave a chance at a new one.
    11-30-08 10:17 AM
    Thank you!
    11-30-08 10:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD