Okay, for the entire time I've had my Storm, I have never once been able to do a full back-up. I keep getting the dreaded "Error backing-up databases" message. Every forum I went to everyone said "clear your browser cache". This will not work for me because the browser cache is NOT the database causing the hang-up. It's the messages database.

So every time I would update my OS, I would have to clear all my messages to backup everything else in the advanced menu. I'm fed-up with having to lose all my messages every month or so when a new OS comes out.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Better yet, has anyone been able to solve a problem with this database?

(Please don't tell me to clear browser cache... I've done it from the Storm and DM. That's not it...)

Thanks!
    04-24-09 09:51 PM
    Do a manual backup and transfer the databases one by one until you find the culprit. I'd wager it's not your messages db but something else.

There are multiple threads that talk about manual backups. Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-09 12:08 AM
    Actually, because of this issue, I have only been able to do manual back-ups, as the auto backup will never complete until I go into manual, select messages, and clear it. I have tried all the databases individually multiple times. The only one that will not back up on an individual basis is "messages". Not only that, but on the failed attempts to auto backup, it always fails when it is on the messages database.

I am 100% certain it is the messages database. I have seen others online mention the same problem, but everyone says to clear the browser cache, which only helps with that database. I have tried anyway to be safe, and nothing helped.
    04-25-09 09:58 AM
    I have exactly the same problem. Cleared browser cash on phone and in DM, backed up manually and like with you, the messages are the problem. I haven't found a solution to this yet, unfortunately.
    04-25-09 10:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD