TOUCH - any one else's screen become entirely unresponsive to touch? Screen is not black - just not responding to touch or click.

After waiting since 11/21 to get this I have it 1 day and it fails - I am done with VZW
    12-06-08 01:25 PM
    Take the battery out then turn your phone back on. If this doesn't help, take it to Verizon.
    Last edited by reditones; 12-06-08 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Spelling
    12-06-08 01:28 PM
    Don't give up on it so easy! Remember it is a new phone so of course it will have some bugs but they are working them out. HAVE FAITH IN THE CRACK!!
    12-06-08 02:02 PM
    TOUCH - any one else's screen become entirely unresponsive to touch? Screen is not black - just not responding to touch or click.

After waiting since 11/21 to get this I have it 1 day and it fails - I am done with VZW
    Mine has been doing that intermittently as well. I can normally just wait it out but its getting obnoxious

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-08 02:40 PM
    Mine became unresponsive....

after some idi0t cracked the screen. :\
    12-06-08 02:42 PM
    going through the same issues
    12-06-08 04:13 PM
    after the update i did last night from OTA. It seems i will click on an application, but it doesnt go through and i have to click it again??? Can that be fixed from the next update??? i think .65 was better. it seems a little more laggy too...
    thanks
    12-06-08 04:16 PM
    after the update i did last night from OTA. It seems i will click on an application, but it doesnt go through and i have to click it again??? Can that be fixed from the next update??? i think .65 was better. it seems a little more laggy too...
    thanks
    yup, that is happening to me as well, as well as the screen being unresponsive. i love this phone, but i'm getting ready to give up on it...

i wonder if the screen responsive issue is hardware or software
    12-06-08 05:08 PM

Not COMPLETELY unresponseive to touch, just MOSTLY unresponsive.... This is my biggest issue with the phone right now.
    I have a related thread about how you touch the screen... I tend to use the tips of my thumbs; which causes the unresponsiveness; however when I touch the screen with the bottom (flat part/side opposite to my thumbnail) it tends to respond better since you are taking up more area on the touch screen.

This is my biggest issue with the phone right now, since it's a touch screen phone, the ******* touch screen should work 99.99999% of the time.

It's like saying Burger King being out of Burgers... it just shouldn't happen
    12-06-08 05:32 PM
    Not COMPLETELY unresponseive to touch, just MOSTLY unresponsive.... This is my biggest issue with the phone right now.
    I have a related thread about how you touch the screen... I tend to use the tips of my thumbs; which causes the unresponsiveness; however when I touch the screen with the bottom (flat part/side opposite to my thumbnail) it tends to respond better since you are taking up more area on the touch screen.

This is my biggest issue with the phone right now, since it's a touch screen phone, the ******* touch screen should work 99.99999% of the time.

It's like saying Burger King being out of Burgers... it just shouldn't happen
    yes! that describes my issue perfectly. i have to press the button with the whole flat part of my thumb for a response, and even then sometimes it doesn't respond ot my touch
    12-06-08 05:38 PM
    I too have hd the same issues, but for me it started after instalining the new softwear, what givies ? ?
    I�ve changed the settings on the toucscreen Tap at 150, Hover at 100 and swipe at 1, anyone know what can be done ?
    12-06-08 06:14 PM
    Nope not here
    12-06-08 06:15 PM
    Nope not here
    sorry, deleted my message, because it turned out deleting certain apps DIDN'T help the screen response.
    12-06-08 06:18 PM
    i would change any setting to fix it, but there's no way to do so because the screen doesn't recognize its being used.
    12-06-08 08:15 PM
    try doing the 'click mod'. i used a credit card.
    12-06-08 08:22 PM
    try doing the 'click mod'. i used a credit card.
    click mod? how do you do it and what does it do?
    12-06-08 08:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD