hey guys im new on this site and with blackberrys in general. today i bought the 9530 storm and im looking now under the advanced options and theres an option for enterprise (something). well i clicked on there and it asked for my email and the password...it has my pin number but then it says my phone isnt activated...however ive been using it fine all day. im currently activating it now, however its taking a very long time. immediately when i clicked activate three or four red dots appeared and it clicked...is everything ok with my phone? is this option even needed
    11-22-08 01:04 AM
    you only need to activate this option if you are on a BES with your company. Sounds like you arnt, so just leave it be.
    11-22-08 01:07 AM
    hmmm ok well idk what that is so im assuming no. i did get a text from them with weird encryptions saying the server will process it..just weird...

ok well thanks for your help
    11-22-08 01:11 AM
    That email you got with weird encryptions is an enterprise activation email. If your phone isn't provisioned to have have BB Enterprise Service access (this is usually provided through an employer only if THEY are offering BES service to the whole company or certain employees) enterprise activation is not going to apply to you. That email that you got (if the email address you entered after selecting Enterprise Activation is part of Microsoft Exchange server) is encrypted that way so that the exchange server knows that you are trying to activate on it. All that encrypted mess is called an etp.dat attachment. Basically, if this is your personal device and the company you work for does not have a BES or Blackberry Enterprise Service/Solution and you haven't been notified by your IT department that you're eligible to use it if they DO have it, then just delete that email with the encryptions from your inbox and don't try to enterprise activate anymore. It's not really going to hurt anything, but on the otherhand it's not going to do anything for you either. Hope that helps somewhat
    11-22-08 01:34 AM
    That email you got with weird encryptions is an enterprise activation email. If your phone isn't provisioned to have have BB Enterprise Service access (this is usually provided through an employer only if THEY are offering BES service to the whole company or certain employees) enterprise activation is not going to apply to you. That email that you got (if the email address you entered after selecting Enterprise Activation is part of Microsoft Exchange server) is encrypted that way so that the exchange server knows that you are trying to activate on it. All that encrypted mess is called an etp.dat attachment. Basically, if this is your personal device and the company you work for does not have a BES or Blackberry Enterprise Service/Solution and you haven't been notified by your IT department that you're eligible to use it if they DO have it, then just delete that email with the encryptions from your inbox and don't try to enterprise activate anymore. It's not really going to hurt anything, but on the otherhand it's not going to do anything for you either. Hope that helps somewhat
    Great post Kim; couldn't have said it better myself.
    11-22-08 01:36 AM
    Yay me! LMAO, j/k! I work for RIM so this info has been crammed into my head
    11-22-08 01:37 AM
    Yay me! LMAO, j/k! I work for RIM so this info has been crammed into my head
    Hmm I wonder if they have you guys sit in front of a projector with the eye-lids peeled back and cram this info into your heads lol. Check your PM box.
    11-22-08 01:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD