My company has ceased allowing the purchase of the Storm. I asked why and was told that VZ is pushing out a new OS toward the end of March and the ability to purchase the Storm through my company will begin once it is on new devices.

I can't wait for this "official" release. Im running .109 and I feel like in the past week, my phone has been getting progressively worse.

Decided not to upgrade to .114 after reading not so great things that seemed to be more than any positives people wrote.
    03-13-09 12:09 PM
    i have also heard end of march-mid april sometime. i really really hope so. i love my storm and just want the OS to get better. other then that it is a wonderful device. i also decided not to install the leaked OS because i'm scared to ruin my phone lol!
    03-13-09 12:30 PM
    Bombs Away!!!!!!
    03-13-09 12:32 PM
    Ducks out of the way
    03-13-09 12:33 PM
    I'm running .109 too but my phone runs smoothly...
    I guess that verizon will release an official update when the App World goes live which is suppose to be this month

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-09 12:35 PM
    I don't know about RIM and there Slooooow to respond/update policy. But I do know the IPhone has a whole new OS in the way March 17th to include push e mail and a host of other goodies!
    Last edited by Bettermost; 03-13-09 at 12:55 PM.
    03-13-09 12:35 PM
    ***puts on fire gear***
    03-13-09 12:39 PM
    walking down to bomb shelter
    03-13-09 12:43 PM
    i honestly dont care...im still using .75 and have had no problems what so ever 40megs free memory, no memory leak

maybe i just have a bb that came out of the "working" batch

EDIT: well i did have one, uninstalled viigo and now it doesnt exist nemore
    03-13-09 12:51 PM
    i honestly dont care...im still using .75 and have had no problems what so ever 40megs free memory, no memory leak

Curious..when did you get yours?
    03-13-09 12:53 PM
    LOL...if i had a penny for every person that was "told" there was an "OFFICIAL OS RELEASE" coming (insert date, month, time, year here). I'd be a rich a$$ mofo.

went to VZW yesterday to deal with a screen issue....and was told that a "OS update was coming soon".... i laughed and said, yeah, that's what they all say.

03-13-09 12:59 PM

Mine works fine also with the factory O/S no problems here either. My phone was built the end of January.
    03-13-09 01:00 PM
    All of this seems to come from a BGR article where they said that Verizon's TARGET for a new release was March 31st. A bunch of ***** bloggers who think that because they can type something into a textbox on a webpage someone will give a sh!t, took that as a firm release date.

On the one hand, it's fascinating how people just kind of read what they want to... It very clearly said "target" in the BGR article, but not that anyone (besides me apparently) took notice. On the other hand, it gets kind of annoying having to constantly correct people.
    03-13-09 01:00 PM
    Yeah that's what I was told to, said it will b in April, the dude was talking about some of the leaks that were out, blah blah blah

03-13-09 01:04 PM

SAME HERE! I got mine right before valentines day and not even a hitch until i installed viigo and vlingo then non stop problems ever since! after i uninstalled them i've had less, but still problems, i tried upgrading and down grading but still have some problems every now and again. i'm sticking to .75 until the official comes out.. hubby is at basic and can't afford to miss the few calls he get to make!
    03-14-09 01:58 PM
    I believe this. I mean its one of the more solid leads and I've heard a lot of people saying the same sort of thing..

03-14-09 03:13 PM
    Verizon Rep said there will be an official release on the 17th of this month. Only a few days we'll see if it realy happens!
    03-14-09 03:53 PM
    Verizon Rep said there will be an official release on the 17th of this month. Only a few days we'll see if it realy happens!
    LOL Verizon people don't have a clue about anything.
    03-14-09 03:57 PM
    I wouldn't get my hopes up, but the 17th is also the day that Apple will be previewing iPhone OS 3.0...
    03-14-09 04:46 PM
    i cant wait till they release this new os, everyone thinks there phone is going to be perfect, i wonder how much pain the 9500 users are going through with there official release.
    03-14-09 04:47 PM
    next week. .113.
    03-14-09 05:09 PM
    dumb question...is there a way to tell when your phone was built??
    03-14-09 05:22 PM
    the 17th huh? can one upgrade their OS while being incredibly drunk? hmm..
    03-14-09 05:22 PM
    all this speculation is making me mad. i think it should just be banned from all forums - so much hype when no one knows anything!
    03-14-09 05:23 PM
    dumb question...is there a way to tell when your phone was built??
    you know, id actually like to know that, too haha.
    03-14-09 05:23 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD