Allright the following is the problem;

I bought a verizon blackberry storm 9530 in Amerika. It's unlocked and i use it in the Netherlands. I do not have an Blackberry data plan but just a normal data plan. My carrier doesn't support the blackberry data plan that's why. I cannot seem to find my blackberry browser.. probably because my carrier can't send a service book to my phone. So i use opera mini as a browser what works and all except for the fact that it cannot download anything.. So for example if I want to download google maps it gives an error and want's to start op the bb browser who tells me I don't have the service books configured.. So any way around the service books so I can use the bb browser.. or does anyone know an other browser which enables downloads.??

Thanks!
    08-25-09 10:03 AM
    the blackberry browser is hosted by RIM, and you'll need to be provisioned with the bb data plan to enable it...your best bet is to use a 3rd party browser like opera...it will work using your carrier's data network...for downloads, you could always use DM to load...
    08-25-09 12:12 PM
    That's what i was afraid off.. DM can be used for downloading but is not really handy.. Especially if you don't have the .alx file. Does anyone know of a browser in which you can download?
    08-26-09 09:49 AM
    you can't use 3rd party browsers to download...but most/all downloads have a "download via DM" option, where you download the .cod and .alx files, and then install via DM...i do it all the time for....*ahem*....trial games and apps....for research, yeah....research
    08-26-09 10:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD