I use gmail for all of my email addresses, and I have been having an issue with it lately. It seems like it is only keeping emails for the last several days. I have it set to 30 days, and I am not archiving the email on gmail which would cause it to be removed from the blackberry, but the emails just are not staying on there. I called VZW about it, and they thought I was nuts, which may be the case, but nevertheless they are still dissapearing off my phone. Any suggestions?

Also, its only this account, my yahoo and sms text both go pretty far back.
    03-16-09 06:09 PM
    What is your app memory at?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-09 07:08 PM
    What is your app memory at?
    Very good question, except I don't have a clue as to how to find it.. Is it the file free?
    03-16-09 07:11 PM
    Very good question, except I don't have a clue as to how to find it.. Is it the file free?

Go into options memory and scroll down. If it is below 10 the phone could be deleting emails to make room.

03-16-09 07:14 PM
    Says 15.4mb...
    03-16-09 07:17 PM
    Says 15.4mb...
    Will that isn't the problem then? And it is only happening on your gmail account?

03-16-09 07:18 PM
    Yup... Yesterday I had until March 9th, now I only have until March 13th.
    03-16-09 07:21 PM
    I did a search for your problem and a ton of threads popped up. I am on my berry so I didn't look through them all but search for
    Emails disappearing. And hopefully you can find your answer there. Sorry if I was on my computer I would look for
    You. .
    Let me know if you find a solution

03-16-09 07:30 PM
    Okay, I'll take a look and let you know.

Thanks for your help.
    03-16-09 07:31 PM
    I had the same problem easy fix...

Setup->Email Settings -> click on the email account and at the bottom un-select Synchronize deleted items between this mailbox and my device.

I had the same problem when I would open my work email and it would download all the emails from my server then all of a sudden my phone thought I deleted them from my server. You just have to physically deleted them yourself or set you phone to clear em after so many days.. I have mine set to 30 days
    03-16-09 08:06 PM
    I had the same problem easy fix...

Setup->Email Settings -> click on the email account and at the bottom un-select Synchronize deleted items between this mailbox and my device.

I had the same problem when I would open my work email and it would download all the emails from my server then all of a sudden my phone thought I deleted them from my server. You just have to physically deleted them yourself or set you phone to clear em after so many days.. I have mine set to 30 days
    Yes, but if I do that, then when I delete items from my Gmail they won't delete from the phone then right?
    03-17-09 03:04 AM
    Yes, but if I do that, then when I delete items from my Gmail they won't delete from the phone then right?
    Right you just have to manually delete them thats what I do since my work email downloads to outlook it was removing all my work emails from my phone since it assumed that since they were off the server they were deleted when really they were just on my Outlook on my laptop
    03-18-09 05:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD