I'm having a bit of an issue with the email apps on my new Storm. When I delete emails off the device it synchronizes with my email accounts and deletes them off my desktop computer. The same can not be said for the reverse. When emails are deleted off my desktop they remain on the device. I have "wireless reconcile" set to on and "delete on" set to mailbox and device. Any ideas on how I can get it to sync both ways?
    01-26-09 11:54 AM
    The reason is when you delete them from your blackberry, they have never been downloaded to your desktop. If you want them to make it to your desktop you will need to set your desktop to leave on your server for a period of days
    The only way to get them to sync is through BES, I also believe there are some other 3rd party software that does the same thing. Another option is use gmail and set it up to fetch other account. If you do this if deleted from either it is gone...
    good luck
    01-26-09 12:00 PM
    The reason is when you delete them from your blackberry, they have never been downloaded to your desktop.
    First off I want to thank you for your help and quick reply. Second I'm gonna disagree with this statement. I just tested it with a few email addressed to myself. Once delivered I viewed/opened them with both the device and the desktop. I then deleted them off the device. Once this was done I clicked the send / receive email button on my desktop and the emails in question were removed from the list. The reverse still will not work.

You mentioned some 3rd party software that may correct this issue. Any ideas on where I can find it?

Thanks again for any and all help,
    Chris
    01-26-09 12:13 PM
    I would do a search, I think blackberry unity might help.. Man I wish i could delete an email on my blackberry and have it go away...
    01-26-09 12:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD