In Outlook I can configure an account to leave a copy of the email on the server.

Can I do this with Blackberry?
    04-28-09 03:53 PM
    What exactly would you like it to do? I have to admit, I'm a little confused...
    04-28-09 04:24 PM
    In Outlook I can configure an account to leave a copy of the email on the server.

Can I do this with Blackberry?
    Yes, sort of. After you select message(s) to delete, click the delete key you'll get a selection window. Select "On Device" instead of "On Mailbox & Handheld".

I don't believe there is a way to set a default though, but could be wrong.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-09 04:29 PM
    Yes, sort of. After you select message(s) to delete, click the delete key you'll get a selection window. Select "On Device" instead of "On Mailbox & Handheld".

I don't believe there is a way to set a default though, but could be wrong.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    That's exactly what I was going to say, but then I thought that was kind of self-explanatory and wanted to make sure that's what he was asking.
    04-28-09 04:31 PM
    Regarding email, does anyone have any idea how I can get my cox.net email pushed to the storm?

I am new to BB and am very lost...

Thanks.
    04-28-09 04:38 PM
    I'm having the same problem with my 8830. I just got a new 8830 because my other one was broken. It seems that when it grabs my emails off my server it is deleting it from the server now. It wasn't doing that before therefore i am thinking it is a blackberry setting somewhere. Any suggestions on where to look?
    04-29-09 07:43 PM
    I'm having the same problem with my 8830. I just got a new 8830 because my other one was broken. It seems that when it grabs my emails off my server it is deleting it from the server now. It wasn't doing that before therefore i am thinking it is a blackberry setting somewhere. Any suggestions on where to look?
    So when you delete an email from your phone, are you not getting the options to either "On Handheld" or "On Mailbox & Handheld"?

If you go into your Messages folder, press BB/Menu button, click Options, then go into Email Reconciliation... my settings are Delete On: Prompt, Wireless Reconcile: On, and On Conflicts: Mailbox Wins. I am not sure if the 8830 has these same menus or options, but with my options set this way, it only deletes messages from my server if that is what I choose when I delete an email.
    04-29-09 07:50 PM
    I get the option to "delete on handheld", "delete on both" etc. What I don't have is a copy of the email on my email server when I open the program on my computer even if I don't delete it on the BB. I used to get all my emails on my desktop AND blackberry. Now they seem to be going to my blackberry only. I seem to remember something similar to this happening before but I don't recall how to resolve it!
    04-29-09 07:59 PM
    I can't think of any other setting on the Storm, other than the ones I already mentioned. The only other sync option is on the BIS website, and that is "Sync deleted emails between the phone and server" or something like that, and it is just a box that you check or uncheck.
    04-29-09 08:14 PM
    I can't think of any other setting on the Storm, other than the ones I already mentioned. The only other sync option is on the BIS website, and that is "Sync deleted emails between the phone and server" or something like that, and it is just a box that you check or uncheck.
    Where do I find that setting? Thanks! I think that's what I'm looking for.
    04-30-09 06:55 AM
    Where do I find that setting? Thanks! I think that's what I'm looking for.
    You have to sign into your BIS account online... that is where you set your emails up and have the option to edit their settings. If you click on "edit" for a particular email address, the setting is in that menu.
    04-30-09 09:12 AM
    Ok, now I feel like a real dope! I just got an email from my server administrator and he said it is a setting on the BB. I spent an hour on the phone with BB support and they couldn't find the problem.......probably because there was none! You got it......apparently I changed a setting on my email setting on my email account and my emails were being displayed alphabetically! I wasn't seeing them because they were on the next screen.
    I noticed this morning that I had 28 new messages on my email account and figured it out!
    Thanks for the help Morph32.
    05-01-09 07:03 AM
    Glad you got it figured out! (I was running out of suggestions! Ha ha ha!)
    05-01-09 07:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD