Hello, I'm new to the Blackberry world and I am absolutely confused about the email application. Let me explain, I don't have an email icon (I don't know if this is normal), when I go to the messages icon and I click on new it gives me the option to create an email, when I click on it it sends me to the email setup, I typed my email addresses and passwords but it didn't do anything after that, then I go back to the message icon and it says that no email addresses are configured. I used to have a Motorola a1200 and it had an email icon, I could set up my pop3 accounts there and check my emails, do I have to have a blackberry data plan with t-mobile in order to do something like it?. I would really appreciate your help. Thanks
    01-06-09 11:09 AM
    Go into the email settings app and click on add email. The select what kind of e-mail it is whether it be google, aol, or any other pop3 account. Then once you go through that setup a messages folder will come up with your e-mails
    01-06-09 11:13 AM
    Hello, I'm new to the Blackberry world and I am absolutely confused about the email application. Let me explain, I don't have an email icon (I don't know if this is normal), when I go to the messages icon and I click on new it gives me the option to create an email, when I click on it it sends me to the email setup, I typed my email addresses and passwords but it didn't do anything after that, then I go back to the message icon and it says that no email addresses are configured. I used to have a Motorola a1200 and it had an email icon, I could set up my pop3 accounts there and check my emails, do I have to have a blackberry data plan with t-mobile in order to do something like it?. I would really appreciate your help. Thanks
    sign into your tmobile account online and go to your BIS section
    you can creat and delete email addresses from there
    and yes you have to have a data plan from TMO to be able to push emails to your device and to have a [email protected] email address
    01-06-09 11:19 AM
    Thank you, I have done both of the suggestions above. I went to the "setting internet email icon" (that's where I'm sent when I try to compose an email), I added my work email (pop3) and my hotmail account, afer I did that nothing happened. Reading other posts I found out that I could also set it up at t-mobile BIS, I did that too and still nothing happened. The thing is, I have T-zones for my internet, do you think that the problem is because I have to get a blackberry data plan?. Thanks again for all your help.
    01-06-09 11:23 AM
    YES you have to have a BB data plan to be able to set up email accounts on a blackberry
    BIS= Blackberry Internet Service = email and data
    no BIS means no device email and no push email to your BB
    01-06-09 11:26 AM
    sign into your tmobile account online and go to your BIS section
    you can creat and delete email addresses from there
    and yes you have to have a data plan from TMO to be able to push emails to your device and to have a [email protected] email address
    I see... so, let me see if I understood, there is no way I can set up an email account and have an email icon to check it (no push mail, just like an outlook type of thing). The only way I can get emails is to sign up for a data plan and get push email, is this right?
    01-06-09 11:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD