Anyone have this issue? I place my storm on my sleeve on my desk. It goes into "sleep mode". When i pick it up, my email is open and im reading an email. From what I can tell its the newest email. And seems like it only opens my gmail. But it could be because gmail was the last account I had open. Anyone else?

Im running the bell .76 OS.
    01-05-09 12:17 PM
    I think, but am not sure, that this is actually something they're trying to incorporate into the OS. I know my old 8820 used to do it whenever I pulled it out of the holster after a new message had come in while it was asleep. I don't think the e-mail is actually active while in-holster; it just "knows" to fire up the e-mail after it is awakened because chances are the new message is why it was pulled out of the holster to begin with.
    01-05-09 12:24 PM
    interesting....
    01-05-09 12:27 PM
    I think, but am not sure, that this is actually something they're trying to incorporate into the OS. I know my old 8820 used to do it whenever I pulled it out of the holster after a new message had come in while it was asleep. I don't think the e-mail is actually active while in-holster; it just "knows" to fire up the e-mail after it is awakened because chances are the new message is why it was pulled out of the holster to begin with.
    My 8310 worked perfectly in Standby Mode. An email would come in and I pressed the buton and the phone came up just as I had left it leaving me the choice of selecting email, making a call or playng BrikBreaker.

On my 8900 an email comes in and when I wake up the phone I am faced with an email on the screen. I really wish ot would not do that because when I am driving, I cannot look at emails. When I stop I may wish to immediately make a phone call. I do not wish to face an email that may or may not hoold any current interest.

Why do these d!<kheads do this?
    01-05-09 04:28 PM
    I understand the reasoning. Its only if you get an email and remove it from the holster within so many seconds. The phone figures you just got an email and your taking the phone out, you must want to read it.
    01-05-09 06:53 PM
    I have noticed with mine that if I pull it out of holster after a new message arrives, and it is currently my only unread message, then it will automatically open that message. If I have multiple unread messages it will default to the messages screen and list all my messages with the unread on top. Don't know if you all getting same thing as that, but most of the time I only have one unread so it usually defaults straight to the unread message itself.

For what it's worth, it did not do this on my pearl.
    01-05-09 06:59 PM
    I have seen it one some of the builds i have had installed. .65.75.83.85. now if i could just remember which have it and which don't...
    01-05-09 08:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD