Hello, i have looked around and not seen any postings about this so i thought id ask.....
    I got an email from [email protected] titled RIM_bca28a8...ect..ect... and it says:
    "this message is used to carry data between the blackberry handheld and an associated server. please do not delete,move,or respond to this message-it will be processed by the server. and it has an attachment titled ETP.DAT (502) that it will not let me open. I have no idea what this means or what to do with it? delete it? leave it? any ideas?

ps- thank you all for your very informative and highly helpful forums! I would be sooo lost without you guys!
    01-31-09 09:37 PM
    DId you just install desktop manager on your system? If so what options did you choose? if you chose to set it up with a work email, it is trying to activate your device to a corporate server.
    01-31-09 09:41 PM
    i installed it like a week ago to do a backup and then full wipe of my phone (as instructed to do by a verizon tech rep) but i just got the email today. and i chose to use an existing email account if i remember correctly. but from the sound of it its nothing to be concerned with right? just delete it and not worry about it?
    01-31-09 09:47 PM
    you can uninstall DM, and reinstall with the personal email option. this will get rid of those emails.
    01-31-09 09:48 PM
    cool thank you for the quick reply! now how do i delete this thread so it doesnt clutter up the forum?
    01-31-09 09:50 PM
    actually, its best to leave it, so others with the same problem can see a solution.
    01-31-09 09:51 PM
    ok well thank you again!
    01-31-09 09:52 PM
    No worries. Enjoy your BB
    01-31-09 09:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD