I setup an email account on my BB storm - gmail... It is telling me I have un-opened messages when I don't. how can I fix this?
    03-25-09 11:16 AM
    Battery pull, if that doesn't fix it, hard reset. Do a back up before performing a hard rest.
    03-25-09 11:18 AM
    Battery pull, if that doesn't fix it, hard reset. Do a back up before performing a hard rest.
    A battery pull and a hard reset are the same thing....

A soft reset is using a program to reset the BlackBerry. A hard reset is removing the battery and waiting about 30 seconds before putting it back in.

I think what Sly means is try to do a reset and if that doesn't work backup all of your stuff on the computer and reinstall the OS.
    03-25-09 11:26 AM

A soft reset is using a program to reset the BlackBerry. A hard reset is removing the battery and waiting about 30 seconds before putting it back in.

I think what Sly means is try to do a reset and if that doesn't work backup all of your stuff on the computer and reinstall the OS.
    A soft reset is a battery pull.

A hard reset is when you go into security settings, go to general options, then click the menu key to bring up the wipe hand held option.

A soft reset is a standard rest, and a hard rest wipes the hand held and puts it back in to the default settings like when you purchased it.
    03-25-09 11:31 AM

Whoa dude...def wrong on this one. A soft reset is taking the battery out for a few seconds, and then replacing it. Thats a battery pull aka soft reset. The program soft reset was developed to replicate pulling out the battery and replacing it.

A hard reset is actually backing up your phone, and wiping it so everything is removed and basically like taking the phone out of the box.

For your gmail issue, the soft reset, pulling out the battery for about 10-15 seconds and replacing it should work fine. If not, check any 3rd party apps that might be causing an unread message. Gluck
    03-25-09 11:32 AM
    Thank you!
    03-25-09 11:33 AM
    If that didn't work, trying hitting the Blackberry button when looking at your main menu.

If your "Messages" icon isn't showing, it'll appear when you hit "Show all".
    Occasionally you will receive a message from RIM when something (I forget what but it's happened to me) is updated and it doesn't appear in any of your normal inboxes.

Good luck anyway
    03-25-09 04:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD