ive been on what feels like all the forums related to this issue but i recently bought my storm used off craigs and i want to get rid of the previous owners information. i still has his email setup on here that i cant get rid of and also under the phone is shows "my number: " at the top which isnt my number. anyone got advice too how to rid me of this information and i can see my own stuff?
    09-16-09 04:04 PM
    You need to call his previous carrier (or maybe he needs to) and have them release the PIN
    09-16-09 04:06 PM
    and in the event the previous owner already released the Pin, u may wipe out the handheld back to factory setting, then re-send your service book again.

to change the phone number at the top of the call screen, if it is not done automatically by the network, from the call screen, hit ##000000 and press dial. change the 1st line of the page. U can do it while phone coverage is off.

..just my 2 cents..
    09-17-09 12:32 PM
    awesome the phone number had updated at the top thanks to the ##000000... i read elsewhere that it was just 1 # but that had never worked. but im still working to get the email setup on here.

when i wiped the handheld it seemed to have kept the existing service books. im going to wipe it again this evening to try again and use thread on the steps for updating the service books for t-mobile.
    09-17-09 12:42 PM
    awesome the phone number had updated at the top thanks to the ##000000... i read elsewhere that it was just 1 # but that had never worked. but im still working to get the email setup on here.

when i wiped the handheld it seemed to have kept the existing service books. im going to wipe it again this evening to try again and use thread on the steps for updating the service books for t-mobile.
    guess the PIN yet to be released, that is why the existing service books remains.
    09-17-09 03:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD