Hi, I am very new to BB... got the storm last Sat. Soooo, could you let me know how the email works. What I mean is, is it supposed to get all email messages or just when my desktop's email is not open?

Is there a lag so that perhaps if I open the email on my desktop right away, it will not appear on the BB?

Today I received 15 emails from one sender and in my Storm only 4 of them were there. I figure there must be a reason for this but don't know what it is...

Thanks for any help....
    11-27-08 12:10 PM
    You should get them "instantly".
    At times some may take a while but they still come in.

You could be on your computer checking your email and the new mail will still come in to your Storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-08 12:42 PM
    Have you tested sending something to yourself? I forwarded a message from one email account to another and it took 4 seconds after I hit send on my pc for the storm to notify me. Mail is working fine on my storm.
    11-27-08 12:51 PM
    Thanks for the replies.

I've been getting emails on my BB but it seems like some of them are not going to my BB. I had thought it was because my desktop Outlook was running but that doesn't seem to be the case.

So, I guess something is wrong ... oh dear!

EDIT: I sent myself a test and it was fine and one other email came through fine.

Then I received 3 more emails in my Outlook on my desktop and none are in my BB. Two of the three were to the same account as the two that went to my BB. But there are 3 emails on my desktop that are not in my BB. Any ideas what's wrong ??
    Last edited by Rosebudster; 11-27-08 at 01:37 PM.
    11-27-08 01:20 PM
    i am having the same problem. I haven't been getting all my emails. I thought it was due to the poor service in my house, but my sister has a curve and she gets all of hers in the house. Ideas?
    11-27-08 01:34 PM
    I think it is possible that the ones I'm not getting have attachments or images.

I did get 4 with attachments but others from the same sender didn't come through. I noticed that the others that didn't come through were emails from e-commerce sites such as Saks, etc. and they have images in them.

Just wondering if that could be the problem ... ?

EDIT: I answered my own question... I forwarded the store's emails plus my own two-word test email. None of them went through to the BB. It doesn't seem to matter if the email has images in it or not.
    Last edited by Rosebudster; 11-27-08 at 01:53 PM.
    11-27-08 01:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD