I just got the following e-mail -

On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 5:20 PM, BBMADMIN <[email protected]> wrote:
    Hello,

Thank you for using BlackBerry Messenger. To help prevent unauthorized use of this email address, we need to confirm its ownership. Please turn on your BlackBerry and allow it to receive this email. The email will be automatically processed by BlackBerry Messenger. Please do not delete this email.

If you do not use BlackBerry Messenger, you can ignore this email.

Thank you,
    BlackBerry Messenger Team
    ---e---44#CuMayoHj0N/jd3Z4RxhDDQP3C6ZozMG/EPKQKvkkygg=

I am using 5.0 and BBM 5.0 Beta, anyone know whats the deal with this?
    07-23-09 08:11 PM
    I got the same thing...

very odd...
    07-23-09 08:57 PM
    Wow

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

07-23-09 08:59 PM
    yeah you probably didnt delete the RIM internal tools and were one of many thousands that sent an email to quincy
    07-23-09 09:04 PM
    yeah you probably didnt delete the RIM internal tools and were one of many thousands that sent an email to quincy
    this is the bbm not the os...we've gotten this before the 5.0 os leaked out

as for the email, its fine, as long as u have ur emails listed under "recovery emails" under ur "edit my info"
    07-23-09 09:08 PM
    You get this when you install BBM 5.0. I get it everytime I resinstall my OS with BBM. It never reaches the storm, but it only reaches the email address. Odd there too.
    07-23-09 09:09 PM
    It's nothing to worry about. It is part of the wireless recovery feature of BBM. It is just used to link your email address to your BBM details. The email is read and then deleted by your device. I bet you found this by looking in your inbox from a computer instead of the one on your BB.

07-23-09 09:20 PM
    not the case at all.
    07-23-09 09:57 PM
    I seem to get these emails at least daily to all three of the email accounts I have setup with RIM. Annoying more than anything else and makes me worry something isn't working correctly.

Yesterday, I found the BBM's from my wife were getting delayed, at times by hours. very frustrating.
    07-24-09 07:34 AM
    I got the same emails and don't know why. Bbm will only show the accounts which are used over bes, so they are already activated and confirmed. Curious. Anyway: afaik it is not possibke to use unverfied emailadresses with a blaclberry. What they've got in mind? You'll never know.

07-24-09 07:42 AM
    That's weird.. the email doesn't seem very.. professionally written or typed I should say.. meh. LoL
    I've never gotten one before
    07-24-09 07:45 AM
    I totally posted this EXACT SAME THING yesterday. You didn't even have to use the search function. You found have just read the threads and found it.

No lie, my thread was less than 24 hours ago on the same E-mail.
    07-24-09 07:46 AM
    Why is everyone so worked up over this? RIM sends verification emails to blackberry devices all the time to verify security settings.
    07-24-09 07:53 AM
    Why is everyone so worked up over this? RIM sends verification emails to blackberry devices all the time to verify security settings.
    No, nothing like this. Like I said, I'm getting around 6 emails everyday. Much different than when you first activate an email with BIS.

Combined with the general failure of BBM yesterday, that's why we are worked up. I don't trust that my messages are being delivered or that I'm getting what's sent to me. That's a big problem.
    07-24-09 08:06 AM
    I got about 30 of them yesterday, while rim was having issues with BBm...
    07-24-09 08:15 AM

Well I'm not worked up, but i have been getting multiple of these per day since i installed BBM 5.0 (Not OS 5.0). What I Find curious is that it says "Please turn on your BlackBerry and allow it to receive this email" but I never receive it on my blackberry??? And why would I receive more than one? I got 3 in a row just 2 minutes apart.
    07-24-09 08:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD