T-Mobile announced that they were killing all devices not supported by TMobile, Storms and Tours were the top of the list. So thats why your not getting any BIS.
    06-17-10 01:59 PM
    T-Mobile announced that they were killing all devices not supported by TMobile, Storms and Tours were the top of the list. So thats why your not getting any BIS.
    Link to the announcement, plz...
    06-17-10 02:01 PM
    When & where did you hear this announcement?
    06-17-10 02:02 PM
    It was on CB and engadget.....search it on CB
    06-17-10 02:08 PM
    Goofy that was last week, and just a speculation. As of this morning Tmo said they are getting close to getting it to work, had something to do with there new updated towers. Thats what a CSR said.
    06-17-10 02:18 PM
    Don't know what article you're referencing on engadget, but I'm sure this is the CB article you saw:

h ttp://crackberry.com/t-mobile-killing-service-unlocked-storm-devices
    06-17-10 02:21 PM
    I'm on engadget and CB all day and I dont remember this announcement.. I just searched engadget and nothing came up either. Please link and show me how bad my search skills are.

Edit: I did see the post on CB showing that T-Mobile was to blame but according to previous posts its RIM.
    Last edited by dhack21; 06-17-10 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Stupidity.
    06-17-10 02:24 PM
    I'm on engadget and CB all day and I dont remember this announcement.. I just searched engadget and nothing came up either. Please link and show me how bad my search skills are.
    I'm glad I didn't have to say it...
    06-17-10 02:29 PM
    Bull**** get the fuk outta here!
    06-17-10 05:38 PM
    Bull**** get the fuk outta here!
    lol lets hope for the best
    06-17-10 08:03 PM
    Like I told you guys they aren't out to get you guys to buy new phones they don't make any money off of em!
    If they wanted to get you guys to buy a new phone they know how to push your buttons and get you back in those stores and they don't haf'ta shut off ya BlackBerry's to do it. A fire sale would have you guys down at the bank so fast the guys at AIG would get a nose bleed!
    Just be patient you'll get back on the net soon. Look at mines it's still working

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-10 10:29 PM
    Like I told you guys they aren't out to get you guys to buy new phones they don't make any money off of em!
    If they wanted to get you guys to buy a new phone they know how to push your buttons and get you back in those stores and they don't haf'ta shut off ya BlackBerry's to do it. A fire sale would have you guys down at the bank so fast the guys at AIG would get a nose bleed!
    Just be patient you'll get back on the net soon. Look at mines it's still working

We get it YOURS IS STILL WORKING!!! Either way like so many of the rest of the "afflicted" I'm firing RIM as of 9am Saturday and heading over to radioshack and getting the HTC HD2 for free (no mail in rebate required) with a new 2 yr agreement. So RIM consider this my 2 day notice!!
    06-17-10 11:30 PM
    We get it YOURS IS STILL WORKING!!! Either way like so many of the rest of the "afflicted" I'm firing RIM as of 9am Saturday and heading over to radioshack and getting the HTC HD2 for free (no mail in rebate required) with a new 2 yr agreement. So RIM consider this my 2 day notice!!
    His is working because he is with Verizon according to his profile.
    06-17-10 11:58 PM
    Mississippi and my storm2 is out too. I went back to the 9700. I actually like the storm2 better because it gets stronger signal than the 9700. I will be patient and let t-mobile get this fixed. I'm curious if the new bold for sprint will work on the network because it is factory sim unlocked? Hmmmmmm.
    06-18-10 12:01 AM
    DONT GET THE HD2!! It's windblows mobile and it SUCKS! OMG that phone freezes so bad no matter what you open or tell it to run IT FREEZES! The guys at my tmobile store said i could take the phone home and test drive it. I took it for two hours AND RETURNED IT. I couldn't WAIT to be rid of it!!! I have the mytouch 3g slide (20 dollars cheaper) and it's ANDROID which means TONS OF FREE APPS and THEMES... it's smaller and easier to conceal, and come on IT'S ANDROID!!!
    06-18-10 01:26 AM
    His is working because he is with Verizon according to his profile.
    I thought all Storm 2s were affected?

06-18-10 02:49 AM
    You won't be alone dude I'm looking at the Palm Pre Plus! This memory lag and low app limit on the Storm 2 is a joke! I hate
    the Pre's tiny key board but the speed is sweet. Or I may look at that new Verizion Motorola.

06-18-10 02:55 AM
    I thought all Storm 2s were affected?

lol... Where have you been?
    As the title says, it's T-Mobile, and not even confined only to the S2. S1 is too as well as some other devices.
    06-18-10 05:04 AM
    I unlocked a pre plus last week, its really nice. I installed the homebrew uberkernel and have it overclocked to 800mhz and it screams. Battery life sucks overclocked or not so overclocking is a no brainer.

I got the mts3g two days ago and it is brilliant. Ill keep my bb's for the time being and switch things up a bit in the future if it turns out this was all accidental.

You won't be alone dude I'm looking at the Palm Pre Plus! This memory lag and low app limit on the Storm 2 is a joke! I hate
    the Pre's tiny key board but the speed is sweet. Or I may look at that new Verizion Motorola.

06-18-10 06:23 AM
    Not sure if this information helps at all but I got my unlocked Storm 2 from newegg two days ago and everything is working fine on it. I'm also getting EDGE. Just figured it might help you guys figure out what is wrong since mine wasn't activated at the time everyone's went out. If it's useless information I apologize.
    06-18-10 09:08 AM
    While nothing new has been said it might be worth it to follow up on RIM's forums as well.

Unlocked BlackBerry Storm 2 not working on T-Mobil... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    06-18-10 11:53 AM
    What is this "AT&T settlement" that everyone is talking about?
    06-18-10 12:05 PM
    Also, would this issue prevent the phone from going EDGE? Currently mine is stuck at edge.
    06-18-10 02:57 PM
    Hi, I am new to this site and am having difficulty keeping up with all of the different issues and problem solving solutions. I have been using a storm 9530 for the past year with tmobile getting internet browser and EDGE and approximately 10 days ago it stopped and now I only get edge and not getting my bb emails and internet browser. I see that this is the same for most tmobile users. tmobile is pretty much clueless but continue to tell me that they are working with RIM to fix the outage. Does anyone have a way around the problem that we are all having? Or do we just have to wait it out?
    06-18-10 03:22 PM
    I think this is a tower thing I live in phx az and I am leaving town today for Vegas all the time that we have been driving I havE had EDGE. AND AM POSTING THIS FROM NY STROM 2 9550 ?!???!?!?!?

06-18-10 03:49 PM
1,089 ... 2930313233 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD