Hmmm....could T-Mobile's underlying intentions be to get more people on Android? I sure am considering one right now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I think it's more likely that RIM told t-mobile "no more exclusive phones for you if you try to fight this". Verizon is at the bottom of this bc of that AT&T settlement. Blocking phones takes it a step to far though. I contacted the EFF today to see if they can look into this.
    06-16-10 09:01 AM
    I think it's more likely that RIM told t-mobile "no more exclusive phones for you if you try to fight this". Verizon is at the bottom of this bc of that AT&T settlement. Blocking phones takes it a step to far though. I contacted the EFF today to see if they can look into this.
    Agreed! However, T-Mobile's big push is Android so its really no skin off of their nose. RIM made a mistake here. All they did was gave Android more market share.

06-16-10 09:56 AM
    Agreed! However, T-Mobile's big push is Android so its really no skin off of their nose. RIM made a mistake here. All they did was gave Android more market share.

I agree. If it turns out this is RIM i'll probably get an android phone. I have it loaded on my iPhone and it's not too bad.
    06-16-10 10:13 AM
    I agree. If it turns out this is RIM i'll probably get an android phone. I have it loaded on my iPhone and it's not too bad.
    Next week Verizon is announcing the Droid X. It sounds like a killer device. I really wanted to stay with T-Mobile and take advantage of their HSPA+! So I am on the fence right now. Its kind of sounding like the Droid X will have Flash on it too:

06-16-10 10:18 AM
    I tried reading most of the 49 pages of this thread, but am still a little confused. Can someone pleas clarify for me, is it only BIS/BES and BlackBerry push e-mail that is not working? Or is it ALL data period If you stay away from all RIM specific stuff, and just enter the T-Mob APN and run the Diagnostic, does "Radio DAta Activation" say "Yes", or if you open Opera (or some other non-BIS/BES data connection) does it work? If the last 2 work, and it's only BIS/BES stuff, then it's a RIM issue. If NO data is working, then looks more like a T-Mob issue.
    06-16-10 01:51 PM
    I tried reading most of the 49 pages of this thread, but am still a little confused. Can someone pleas clarify for me, is it only BIS/BES and BlackBerry push e-mail that is not working? Or is it ALL data period If you stay away from all RIM specific stuff, and just enter the T-Mob APN and run the Diagnostic, does "Radio DAta Activation" say "Yes", or if you open Opera (or some other non-BIS/BES data connection) does it work? If the last 2 work, and it's only BIS/BES stuff, then it's a RIM issue. If NO data is working, then looks more like a T-Mob issue.
    yes its BIS/BES data services not working....tmo voice/text and apn config works fine!
    06-16-10 02:43 PM
    Hey Howz Andriod working on iPhone.... I heard its sticky! If I have to loose my storm, I am going for iPhone with Android.
    06-16-10 05:08 PM
    Popped my sim in my Storm today, it says EDGE but no BIS services.
    06-16-10 05:45 PM
    Still no EDGE. Compliant filed at fcc, tweeted often.... still nothing.
    06-16-10 07:02 PM
    Just for kicks I figured I would try tethering with the lower case "edge" and it still tethers extremely well. I see no difference in tethering speed whatsoever. In fact, I am typing this post from my notebook and tethered through my lower case "edge" Storm. So at least tethering still works with T-Mobile's network, which I guess is further evidence that RIM is the culprit here as the BIS is what is not working. So yes it is looking like RIM is the one causing this!!!
    Last edited by crackfinder; 06-16-10 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Fixed grammar.
    06-16-10 07:24 PM
    this is crazy i got two bbm yesterday out of the blue. but still could not send..now i go online..dont know how long that will last
    06-16-10 09:35 PM
    Put everything down...

Type of phone, OS Version, APN Settings, Service Provider, What works on your phone, what doesnt
    how did you get yours to work? please help, my edge, doesn't show as EDGE
    06-16-10 09:41 PM
    Hey Howz Andriod working on iPhone.... I heard its sticky! If I have to loose my storm, I am going for iPhone with Android.
    Its pretty slow and virtually nothing works right but its fun.
    06-16-10 10:04 PM
    I bought a mytouch slide 3g today and said adios to rim for the time being. I love this new phone.
    06-16-10 10:07 PM
    50 pages of discussion, headlines on tech sites, calls to networks, and one week later still result in no official statement from either party responsible smh. That is insane.
    06-16-10 10:12 PM
    JN, it's not only insane, it's customer abandonment. I mean seriously, why do companies feel they have the right to treat PAYING CUSTOMERS this way, and leave us in the dark? To be sure though, I bought the 3g slide and threw my blackberry up on ebay. Haven't gotten any bites on it and I think I'm going to have to take a loss just to get rid of it. The slide is an awesome device fwiw, so many free apps and uber customisable.
    06-16-10 10:37 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/sto...p-shop-480668/

Thats where I've got all the steps that I did. Another guy has done the same but the furthest he got was "EDGE", TXT, SMS, INTERNET...but still no Apps are working and no SMS
    06-16-10 11:20 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/sto...p-shop-480668/

Thats where I've got all the steps that I did. Another guy has done the same but the furthest he got was "EDGE", TXT, SMS, INTERNET...but still no Apps are working and no MMS
    06-16-10 11:20 PM
    This is just crazy!! a full week and plus and still nothing but just a $5 discount on my bill.. r u kiddin me? no new info.. no nothing.. cmon tmobile is pullin my balls!!!.. like really.. my phone is a brick right now.. really dont wanna spend more moeny on a new damn phone ... when i recently got this..
    06-17-10 04:14 AM
    yes its BIS/BES data services not working....tmo voice/text and apn config works fine!
    Oh, ok, then it's RIM specific stuff.

Actually, I'm in Europe with 3 different SIM cards, 2 BlackBerries and some "regular" phones (SonyEricsson, Nokia, etc). All my phones were working fine with data just using APN. Suddenly about a month ago my BlackBerry data connections stopped working (APN) on 2 of my 3 SIM cards, but no problems with any of my other non-BlackBerry phones I can only guess these 2 operators suddenly decided to block all "rouge" BlackBerries (ie: without BIS/BES) from APN access to force them to take BIS/BES plans.

I like BlackBerrys hardware, and OS, but I'm really getting tired of these "special" restrictions. I don't think I will be considering any BlackBerries for future phones. Probably Android or Symbian or something more "open"...
    06-17-10 04:51 AM
    Well, I fired RIM and switched to android. Not too bad really, it'll take a little getting used to. It seems that T-Mobile upgraded their network and I'm getting over 4mbps downloads now! Yikes.
    06-17-10 06:57 AM
    Has anyone done a before and after on RIM's. Verizion and or T-Mobile's stock market quotas? I bet they've shifted a bit. I hear Investors don't like bad news.
    I wish I knew somebody on Wall Street I'd sure would give em a heck of a stock tip!

Last edited by Black Ice; 06-17-10 at 07:12 AM.
    06-17-10 07:07 AM
    has this been resolved yet?
    06-17-10 01:40 PM
    has this been resolved yet?
    Nope, still ongoing for me in Phoenix, AZ
    06-17-10 01:56 PM
    Still FUBARed in chicago, IL
    06-17-10 01:58 PM
1,089 ... 2829303132 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD