it seems to me that Verizon always pops back up. Are we sure Verizon has nothing to do with this??
    Granted it would be with RIM's help, but Verizon must have requested RIM's help to disable these devices.
    Anyone here with a Storm that was purchased from VERIZON up right? And also Unlocked/released BY VERIZON?
    Mine was purchased from and unlocked by verizon.
    06-15-10 01:58 PM
    The way I read it is that he has a T-Mobile SIM in an unlocked AT&T 9700, but when he puts his T-Mob SIM in his friends Storm he gets no data, which is to be expected. The unlocked 9700 works but the unlocked storm doesn't. Nothing to do with AT&T.
    I read it the other way;

Phones with owners' SIMs
    ATT SIM + 9700 = Working
    TMo SIM + Storm = Not Working

Test configuration
    ATT SIM + Storm = Not Working
    TMo SIM + 9700 = Working

If my interpretation is correct (I wish people would write proper sentences) that would suggest the problem is linked to the phone, not the service provider to which it is coinnected at the time of testing.

There are also a few reports of a similar data loss problem hitting users with 9530 Storm (presumed ex-Verizon devices) in India and Switzerland. They are too few to form a solid conclusion, but the reports seem to more or less mirror the experience of US users.
    06-15-10 01:59 PM
    Because I want my suspicions confirmed first. Trust me, I have no loyalty to any manufacturer, if RIM is doing this they dont deserve my business. Everyone else can do as they choose.
    Not sure why you would need any confirmation? The evidence that you have noted in your previous post is quite compelling is it not? Free country, but if I were you I would dump them.
    06-15-10 02:02 PM
    I read it the other way;

Phones with owners' SIMs
    ATT SIM + 9700 = Working
    TMo SIM + Storm = Not Working

Test configuration
    ATT SIM + Storm = Not Working
    TMo SIM + 9700 = Working

If my interpretation is correct (I wish people would write proper sentences) that would suggest the problem is linked to the phone, not the service provider to which it is coinnected at the time of testing.

There are also a few reports of a similar data loss problem hitting users with 9530 Storm (presumed ex-Verizon devices) in India and Switzerland. They are too few to form a solid conclusion, but the reports seem to more or less mirror the experience of US users.
    "A friend of mine at work has an at&t blackberry bold 9700 UNLOCKED USING ON T-MOBILE (indicates he's using a t-mob SIM in the 9700) his phone works fine upper case EDGE and all he was suprised we switched sims i have a storm 2 and his (t-mobile) sim in my phone he had no data or email mine in his i had EDGE data everthing so it must be cdma specific phone and i dont think there will be a fix"

Am I just reading this wrong? For him to use an unlocked 9700 on t-mobile he must have a t-mobile SIM, so all it's saying is that an unlocked AT&T 9700 works on t-mobile.
    06-15-10 02:05 PM
    Not sure why you would need any confirmation? The evidence that you have noted in your previous post is quite compelling is it not? Free country, but if I were you I would dump them.
    I'm not sure why you're so concerned whether I dump them today, tomorrow or at all. It wont affect you either way. If it is RIM thats when I'll gladly dump them.

I'm using an unlocked Palm Pre at the moment anyway and I quite like it, so it wont be a loss to anyone.
    Last edited by xandermac; 06-15-10 at 02:09 PM.
    06-15-10 02:06 PM
    Does anyone have any official news from other sources about this outage? I can't seem to find anything on google related to this problem were all having. If you have any more information or links or any statements by any company, please list them here.

I think we all need to start helping each other on this issue rather than bickering back and forth like kids. Seems like this is a RIM issue which is happening to Tmobile customers using the Storm1/2. I have an unlocked Verizon storm on Tmobile and I am still without data services after reporting this issue 12 days ago.
    06-15-10 02:11 PM
    I'm not sure why you're so concerned whether I dump them today, tomorrow or at all. It wont affect you either way. If it is RIM thats when I'll gladly dump them.

I'm using an unlocked Palm Pre at the moment anyway and I quite like it, so it wont be a loss to anyone.
    No concern here...
    06-15-10 02:14 PM
    Does anyone have any official news from other sources about this outage? I can't seem to find anything on google related to this problem were all having. If you have any more information or links or any statements by any company, please list them here.

I think we all need to start helping each other on this issue rather than bickering back and forth like kids. Seems like this is a RIM issue which is happening to Tmobile customers using the Storm1/2. I have an unlocked Verizon storm on Tmobile and I am still without data services after reporting this issue 12 days ago.
    use the link I posted earlier to contact the FCC. The more people that compalin about this illegal blocking the sooner it'll get resolved.
    Last edited by xandermac; 06-15-10 at 02:17 PM.
    06-15-10 02:14 PM
    use the link I posted earlier and to contact the fcc. The more people that compalin about this illegal blocking the sooner it'll get esolved.
    Checkout: Unlocked BlackBerry Storm Owners Experiencing Data Issues? | TmoNews - Unofficial T-Mobile Blog - News, Videos, Articles and more it's the only other source besides this blog that I was able to find on this subject.
    06-15-10 02:16 PM
    Yes that is correct he has an unlocked At&t bold 9700 working fine on T-mobile Data upper case EDGE everything works fine
    06-15-10 04:14 PM
    Just got off the phone with T-Mobile and they are only giving me a $12 credit. They had no idea what the status was for this issue...absolutely clueless.
    06-15-10 04:16 PM
    I think we all need to start helping each other on this issue rather than bickering back and forth like kids.
    Good call. I've been trying to steer the discussion into self help and identifying the root cause, but a noisy few are simply throwing a tantrum or running predefined agendas for or against certain suspects. OTOH... Verizon users should be able to pick up some cheap Tours and Storm2 if they continue to sulk.
    06-15-10 07:15 PM
    I hate to see my Storm go away before Slider hits the market...
    06-15-10 09:12 PM
    Well I've been from St. Louis all the way to Dallas which is where I am now and my Storm still working I have not tried my email yet but all else works... As a matter of fact let me try that too...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-10 09:51 PM
    I've already gone android. I'm sick of my phone not working when I need it to, and my droid doesn't seem to have problems with memory or keeping a data connection like my BB did, and at any rate this phone is 3G enabled, the storm wasn't.

Also, the problem seems to have migrated to I Phones. My friend's brother's I phone stopped working altogether no voice or data period, and tech support basically told him he's S-O-L. And it was just working yesterday.

We can look at it this way, there's one of two resolutions for this. A) Tmobile never really HAD a fix for this, thinking the impact was small, until THOUSANDS of us called in and complained, and thats money they're out in adjustments-- and pretty soon they're going to tell everybody to eff off, you're getting no more adjustments AND you get to go spend $400 on a new phone OR.... B) same scenario as above and they do the right thing and get a fix. Either way there's going to be a lot of money exchanging hands.

Personally I think this was done at the request of Verizon. Why blackberry conceded is beyond me, I mean RIM gets the money anyway no matter who we buy the damn phone from.

While they're fighting back and forth about a fix, I'm on an android system and it's miles above the blackberry. I'm sure my wallet will be regretting it later, but in the meantime I need my phone to WORK.
    06-15-10 10:02 PM
    My phone works like a champ! I just got a flood of e-mails and data still works I had my phone unlocked over the phone when I asked VZ for my unlock code so why is everbody else's phone not working? Maybe it's the SIM cards that are being blocked? And not the phones? Has anybody tried a Brand New SIM card?

06-15-10 10:23 PM
    My phone works like a champ! I just got a flood of e-mails and data still works I had my phone unlocked over the phone when I asked VZ for my unlock code so why is everbody else's phone not working? Maybe it's the SIM cards that are being blocked? And not the phones? Has anybody tried a Brand New SIM card?

Not to sound smart or sarcastic or anything but we have 48 pages of complaints of people's phone not working do u really think we haven't thought of that?? We've tried new sim cards new phones, different phones and everything else you can think of!! The fact of the matter is it's either T-Mobile, RIM's and/or Verizon's fault and we as the consumers are left in the dark to try and figure it out while "the engineers are working on it" as I'm sure everyone has heard already.
    06-15-10 10:30 PM
    I understand just throwing it out there. I know some of the guys have tried setting up the T-Mobile site under another phone try instead the bold and pop the card into a Bold for a while then try it back in the Storm. I know it's a long shot but that's what my card was in When all this went down and mines still works. Just trying to help and I know the guys are mad as **** I would be too but looking on the bright side if RIM is doing this it will force them to make a better phone as everybody dumps their old phones and RIM's stock takes a tumble!

06-15-10 10:51 PM
    Their stock takes a tumble, and Blackberries as we know it will probably NOT survive. I mean seriously, android is SO much more opensource. I so badly want to root my touch 3g but doing so will void the warranty, and i'm not about to do that on a 425 dollar phone
    06-15-10 10:53 PM
    I understand just throwing it out there. I know some of the guys have tried setting up the T-Mobile site under another phone try instead the bold and pop the card into a Bold for a while then try it back in the Storm. I know it's a long shot but that's what my card was in When all this went down and mines still works. Just trying to help and I know the guys are mad as **** I would be too but looking on the bright side if RIM is doing this it will force them to make a better phone as everybody dumps their old phones and RIM's stock takes a tumble!

Well your one of the lucky one I guess cuz mines hasn't worked since June 2nd I happen to have an old T-Mobile 8220 (pearl flip) that I am using now as I gave my 8520 away because I thought I wouldn't need it anymore. I'm thinking of taking advantage of their special this saturday and getting 2 HD's for free and leaving blackberry to screw over their other customers.
    06-15-10 11:14 PM
    I talked to T-Mobile Support and they said that it is an outage that is causing this. They told me it is temporary.

If you tell them that your using a unlocked storm they should give you credit. Depending when outage started affecting you. They said they will keep giving credit until the outage is fixed.
    06-16-10 12:37 AM
    The sick part of this is the denial by all parties involved. I really don't blame you guys for getting mad in fact I'd be looking for a phone too (I like my Storm I just don't love the memory lag!) but don't have the cash right now and I'm in a battle with bills.

06-16-10 06:57 AM
    I've already gone android. I'm sick of my phone not working when I need it to, and my droid doesn't seem to have problems with memory or keeping a data connection like my BB did, and at any rate this phone is 3G enabled, the storm wasn't.

Also, the problem seems to have migrated to I Phones. My friend's brother's I phone stopped working altogether no voice or data period, and tech support basically told him he's S-O-L. And it was just working yesterday.

We can look at it this way, there's one of two resolutions for this. A) Tmobile never really HAD a fix for this, thinking the impact was small, until THOUSANDS of us called in and complained, and thats money they're out in adjustments-- and pretty soon they're going to tell everybody to eff off, you're getting no more adjustments AND you get to go spend $400 on a new phone OR.... B) same scenario as above and they do the right thing and get a fix. Either way there's going to be a lot of money exchanging hands.

Personally I think this was done at the request of Verizon. Why blackberry conceded is beyond me, I mean RIM gets the money anyway no matter who we buy the damn phone from.

While they're fighting back and forth about a fix, I'm on an android system and it's miles above the blackberry. I'm sure my wallet will be regretting it later, but in the meantime I need my phone to WORK.
    Which Android did you go with? I am starting to consider one myself.

06-16-10 07:06 AM
    silence from tmobile on this matter is a bit odd if you ask me. It seems pretty obvious that rim is intentionally blocking the devices so why not just come out and say that. If tmob can't do anything bc they want to protect their carrier partnership with rim, say that. But complete silence after this much time is insane. I hope you have all filed with the fcc.
    06-16-10 07:24 AM
    silence from tmobile on this matter is a bit odd if you ask me. It seems pretty obvious that rim is intentionally blocking the devices so why not just come out and say that. If tmob can't do anything bc they want to protect their carrier partnership with rim, say that. But complete silence after this much time is insane. I hope you have all filed with the fcc.
    I completely agree! Its going to be interesting to see what happens with this. T-Mobile can't keep issuing credits. If RIM had a Storm on T-Mobile or a Qwerty that was HSPA compatible, this wouldn't even be an issue. The choice of BB's with T-Mobile aren't very good which is why we have all been using unlocked Storms in the first place. The only half way decent BB T-Mobile has is the 9700, but it is not HSPA compatible. Their Android devices are HSPA compatible from what I understand. Hmmm....could T-Mobile's underlying intentions be to get more people on Android? I sure am considering one right now.

06-16-10 08:31 AM
1,089 ... 2728293031 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD