I am running .83 and after a wipe and reinstall today, the browser is gone and email does not work. I'm not entirely new to this. Here's what I did:

Wipe
    Reinstall
    Register Device (Get successful message)
    Sent Service Books (says they sent successfully every time, I never get a notice on BB)

When I go to browser configurations in Options it is empty. When I go to Setup > Email it says there was a problem connecting to the server.

Anyone have an idea what this could be?

Thanks!
    12-26-08 09:27 PM
    It has to be a service book issue(just not your typical one) since you do NOT get the notice of the individual email account registrations from BIS. I would call VZW TECHNICAL SUPPORT ASAP.
    12-26-08 09:29 PM
    Right. VZW tech support. They will have you delete all your service books and resend them. First reinstall .75 so they are working with the same os as you.
    12-27-08 06:04 AM
    Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table>Menu>Register Now. The resend the service books. After both of these steps both the browser and emails will return.
    12-27-08 07:25 AM
    to get your email back you have to send service books from the BIS page not the device
    12-27-08 07:53 AM
    I had the same problem after my wipe and .83 install... Quick battery pull fixed it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-08 07:58 AM
    Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table>Menu>Register Now. The resend the service books. After both of these steps both the browser and emails will return.
    Hey Crucial, I have been reading through tons of threads and really haven't found info on this part....Where is the option to send the Service Books? I keep seeing on BIS, but I am on a BES. I have DM installed. Is there some place there I need to send the service books? I get the impression you have to do the one part on the phone, but the other part is not.

I'm trying to do this because I am having a backlight issue and supposedly this helps. Whenever I've done the phone part, I get an email that says I'm registered.
    02-05-09 02:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD