Hey all,

This is my first BB, and I got the Storm, all in all a good choice I think, except my gf doesnt think so as I'm ignoring her even more now!!
    I have been on these forums and found great tips to increase battery usage and sync my calender, but now I have a new problem, on the Storms home screen, I have the e-mail alert pop up saying I have 1 unread message (not new, just unread), and a "(1)" infront on the mail box name to indicate the 1 unread message again.

But all my messages are read, I have deleted all my messages on the BB to make sure. There are no unread emails in my inbox online either. I have taken the battery out and put it back in (worked on one of the older BB models), I have just installed some new BB software, and its still there?!!!

Am I missing something? is there somewhere where the message could be??
    Last edited by gio2cool; 12-09-08 at 07:58 AM.
    12-09-08 06:24 AM
    same thing just happened to me. I have no messages saved, none in any folders, no missed calls, etc. Just says I have one email.
    12-13-08 09:30 PM
    I have the 8330 and the same thing has happend to me in the past, if you have multipule emails intergrated every so oftein for whatever reson not every email will go into the message folder yet it will still read (1 unread message) when this happend to me I looked at all my mail boxes to find that I did have an email that for somereson did not make it over to the message foldder

So look at all of your inboxs, and allso look at your email settings, try reconcile and all that good stuff..........see if it changes
    12-13-08 09:36 PM
    Checked all folders ~ empty. Did reconcile, no change.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-08 09:52 PM
    Same here. Tried reconcile and triple checked email lists. I solved the problem by doing a battery pull.

P.S. I think it's a bug.
    12-13-08 09:56 PM
    I took the battery out reconcile the mail, all of that., but unfortunately with no affect. The way I got it to work and find the unread email was to go Menu-Search then set up the search details so all received files mails are shown. This found my unread mail, which wasn't in any of the other folders?? not sure where it was being stored? Hope this brings you luck with yours.
    12-14-08 05:22 AM
    I had the same problem but it went away when I did the .75 upgrade. Before that, I restarted the phone, pulled the battery, called verizon..all to no avail.
    12-14-08 07:32 AM
    Battery pull fixed it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-08 10:18 AM
    Hey all,

This is my first BB, and I got the Storm, all in all a good choice I think, except my gf doesnt think so as I'm ignoring her even more now!!
    I have been on these forums and found great tips to increase battery usage and sync my calender, but now I have a new problem, on the Storms home screen, I have the e-mail alert pop up saying I have 1 unread message (not new, just unread), and a "(1)" infront on the mail box name to indicate the 1 unread message again.

But all my messages are read, I have deleted all my messages on the BB to make sure. There are no unread emails in my inbox online either. I have taken the battery out and put it back in (worked on one of the older BB models), I have just installed some new BB software, and its still there?!!!

Am I missing something? is there somewhere where the message could be??
    Do you by any chance have a missed call? I noticed that my phone said I had one new message, but when I checked it wasn't a new voicemail or email, but I did miss a call and the phone was recognizing this as an unread message.
    12-14-08 10:22 AM
    I had this problem with the voice mail notification. The only thing that fixed it was doing an OS update- you could wipe the phone and try that- but like another poster said- I think its a bug that has to be worked out.
    12-14-08 10:23 AM
    I had the same problem but it went away when I did the .75 upgrade. Before that, I restarted the phone, pulled the battery, called verizon..all to no avail.

same here, but then it came back later.....
    12-14-08 10:24 AM
    Do you by any chance have a missed call? I noticed that my phone said I had one new message, but when I checked it wasn't a new voicemail or email, but I did miss a call and the phone was recognizing this as an unread message.
    This is what I ran into. I spent over an hour trying to figure out what this unread message was I had. I checked the call log and had a missed call. Once you click on your missed call it should clear out the unread message icon you have.
    12-14-08 10:27 AM
    I fixed it in the end by searching for the mail, though it wasn't in any of my inbox folders as it first said. I'm not sure why it was put in the wrong folder?
    12-16-08 01:43 PM
    I fixed it in the end by searching for the mail, though it wasn't in any of my inbox folders as it first said. I'm not sure why it was put in the wrong folder?
    ...funny the same thing happened to me today. I used your advice and got rid of the mystery message. Thanks!!
    12-16-08 08:54 PM
    I'm having the problem with my yahoo messenger...says I have 2 messages, but I have none. How do I delete it?? I've everything I could possibly think of.
    12-16-08 08:57 PM
    I took the battery out reconcile the mail, all of that., but unfortunately with no affect. The way I got it to work and find the unread email was to go Menu-Search then set up the search details so all received files mails are shown. This found my unread mail, which wasn't in any of the other folders?? not sure where it was being stored? Hope this brings you luck with yours.

Thanks -- the Search solution worked for me.

How this happened to start with -- I saved an un-read message, then decided to delete it. So it disappeared from all the folders I could find, but was still marked un-read. But your Search solution found it, and then I read it, and all was good again! Seems like a BB bug.
    12-17-08 07:53 AM
    It worked for me too. thanks for the tip
    07-27-10 08:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD