Hey all!

So when I first got my BB they couldn't port over my contacts. Having over 200 I entered them by dialing the number saving and adding a name. I now realize they are listed as work numbers and want them as cell or their respective home numbers. Any quick way to do this through DM or any software then move to phone? Or do I have to do it via the BB (that would suck)

Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-08 12:45 PM
    The Amber BlackBerry Editor will do that job quickly. It's free too.

Free download ABC Amber BlackBerry Editor, edit contacts in IPD files

You will need a current backup file to work with. It opens the file, allows editing and saves the content.

Restore is used to put it back on the BlackBerry.
    12-20-08 12:51 PM
    If you have MS outlook or windows contacts it might be easier then you have to sync it thru the DM. Also in the future just add a contact in the contacts app instead of dialing and saving

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-08 12:54 PM
    Any additional help on this would be greatly appreciated, maybe I'm just a little slow...
    I'm trying to edit my contacts on my desktop. I have successfully created the backup IPT file, used ABC Converter to change it to an Excel file, and made changes and additions to contacts. But now what??? Does ABC Converter change files back to IPT? If so, how? I tried using ABC BB Editor to edit the IPT directly, but that program won't even open the file.
    Thanks so much
    05-05-09 10:06 PM
    I agree with jmw,
    MS outlook would be good
    05-05-09 10:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD